Three lunches, two dinners in Princeton

What would your top picks be?

1 Like

I’m a fan of the Eno Tera brand of restaurants, with Albariño being my local.

The Witherspoon Grill is a local favorite and a good restaurant but it didn’t live up to the expectations to me. Could be I over hyped it so I wouldn’t discourage anyone from giving them a try.

Those are my “local” tips, there is a lot of dining options in the area. Please report back !!!

2 Likes

Teresa Caffe has great thin crust pizza.

1 Like

I haven’t been, but there’s some recent HO love for Schouse for Szechuan. If you want fast casual, Mamoun’s for Shwarma is tough to beat. Lots of good ice cream options - Bent Spoon is the local favorite, but don’t overlook the Kilwin’s chain and the Moosetracks flavor.

2 Likes

We like Elements for a nicer dinner and Season’s 52 for casual fare.

Also, Nomad Pizza used to be very good but we haven’t been in years.

1 Like

I recently stopped at the one in Edison by Menlo Park Mall and I was disappointed to see they no longer had the piano player behind the bar. That had become one of my go to in the area when dining alone at the bar, the piano player was a nice touch. Hard to believe they are part of the same group as Red Lobster and Olive Garden! (can’t remember the corporate name)

3 Likes

Darden (YW)

2 Likes

Much the same way the group that runs Outback also has the Fleming’s chain of (much more upscale) steakhouses.

1 Like

My first restaurant job was at a place called The Fishery in Winter Park FL. Was a higher end concept by RL, their headquarters was in the area. Learned to shuck oysters there. My first waiter shift ever was on their last night open, I had been a busser/pantry guy. Spilled drawn butter on a customer and he was so nice about it. Still have an oval baking dish from there in regular rotation in my kitchen.

3 Likes

If you love seafood you can’t beat Blue Point Grill. It’s been one of my favorite restaurants in NJ for years. They always have 8-10 different oysters on the half shell if that’s your thing. The only dish I’ve ever been disappointed in is the bouillabaisse.

1 Like

Ah! I ate there once in … 2007? and liked it glad to see it’s still good.