Things I'm Looking Forward to on Cape Cod

We’re headed to Truro on Cape Cod on Sunday for 10 days. Here are some things I’m looking forward to (fingers crossed): The stuffed clam with linguica from PJs on Rt. 6 in Wellfleet (where, I confess, I always begin my vaca with their chili dog), a Virgin Mary/raw oysters/and lobster bisque from The Lobster Pot in Provincetown, a scallop roll at Moby Dick’s, a lobster roll at Sir Crickets, something delish at Macs (in Wellfleet or P-Town), and a teensy bit of penuche from the fudge place in P-Town.

I am also mourning the fact that Sweet Escapes in Truro may not be open because they’ve not been able to find enough staff. My sister and I have been seriously jonesing for their Cranberry Bog ice cream (sweet and tart), but a call with the owner informed us that they may not even be able to open in mid-September. Sigh…

I’ll bring back photos and tales from the Outer Cape upon my return.
Be well.

11 Likes

Oh, that would be a sad thing. Love their ice cream. Rich, creamy and great flavors.

Enjoy your trip. I’m jealous. Easily the best time of the year to be on the Cape. The outer Cape in the late summer / early fall is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been on this planet.

5 Likes

Have the most wonderful trip! Our first meal on the cape was lobster rolls from Sir Crickets. YUM! We were up the last week in August.

2 Likes

Wave when you pass through Wellfleet…we arrive Sunday as well. Looking forward to the trails at the National Seashore, Snow’s Hardware in Orleans and as much sunshine and scallops as is humanely possible to ingest in 7 days.
Have a great time!

3 Likes

You are clearly in on the secret that September is the best month to visit the Cape and Islands. I fly back to the Vineyard tomorrow. All packed and ready.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s much of a secret anymore. Particularly this year I know more people vacationing on the Cape post Labor Day than were there in August. Hopefully it’s an opportunity for restaurants and other business to recoup a bit of revenue.

4 Likes

We’re back from our quiet, restful stay in Truro. Had a wowza of a Virgin Mary at the Lobster Shack in Provincetown. Some oysters Rockefeller were good but needed a few more minutes under the salamander. Staff was kind and helpful and we felt very safe being well-distanced from other tables. At Moby Dick in Wellfleet the fish tacos were fresh and delish. At PJs (also in Wellfleet) I had my guilty pleasure of the linguica & potato stuffed clam which didn’t disappoint. Also, Mac’s Seafood on the Wellfleet dock was a pleasure with the freshest fish ever. We did lots of home cooking. Some pond swimming. And driving around to explore roads we’d never been on before. Very calming.

Below a Truro countryside find and my sister at Mac’s. Very Hollywood, don’t you think?

Add images her

9 Likes

Great report and love your pics. It sounds like you and your sister had an idyllic, restorative vacation.

And now I need a linguica and potato stuffed clam.

3 Likes

Lobster Pot? They make a great “Mary” (bloody or virgin). Nice and spicy. The Old Bay rim is a nice touch too.