The Woks of Life

15 Likes

Love the site, and that the whole family works on it.

6 Likes

I loved the photos and write ups on their farming adventures, in the blog!

2 Likes

It’s a site I use quite often :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I have followed and cooked from the blog for many years but loved this peek behind the scenes and would have missed it had you not posted.

2 Likes

I love the site and cook from it a lot. I pre-ordered the cookbook when they announced it and am looking forward to reading through it and cooking the recipes. Glad they are getting even more recognition!

2 Likes

Besides recipes they’re a good source for informative mini-tutorials, “how to velvet pork for stir fry” or “descriptions of various sauces and vinegars” and the like.

I haven’t made a ton of their recipes but one I’ve repeated a few times and the family really likes is their beef lo mein. I also use this recipe with pork tenderloin, otherwise unchanged, and it’s really good that way as well.

5 Likes

One of the five or six sites I turn to first for a recipe.

Good for them.

1 Like

Love the site! When I found it, I read for hours!

2 Likes

The most recent post is an amazing rundown of Manhattan Chinatown. https://thewoksoflife.com/woks-of-life-guide-manhattan-chinatown/

3 Likes

Before you posted this article I was unaware that The Woks of Life had published a cookbook. So now I ordered itl

1 Like

I got the Kindle version. Now I can read it at the gym.

I don’t have a Kindle.

I read it via the Kindle app on my iPad; there are Kindle apps for android devices and you can read Kindle books on your computer via your browser and Amazon. You don’t need a Kindle.

Ok, thanks. By the way, I do have a friend here in Zurich named Meekah.

It’s an alternate spelling of my cat’s name …