The Very Real, Totally Bizarre Bucatini Shortage of 2020

The ecology of the wheat and its GMO status certainly have nothing to do with the texture of pasta. Wheat is not interested in politics, humans are - only if we start boiling humans will politics affect the texture of the food.

The type of wheat, and the specific cultivar within that type, probably makes a difference. How finely ground the wheat was will probably matter too. The thickness and shape of the pasta matters for sure. “Lenta lavorazione” sounds like it might be just attractive words from the marketing department, but it’s possible that the speed at which the pasta is shaped and dried affects the way it later absorbs water. Water chemistry, especially salted vs unsalted, can make a difference too.

Good ecology matters for the continued existence of life, but it makes zero difference to your pasta.

1 Like

The place I mentioned above has imported bucatini. Message me if you want the address or want some shipped. Sorry but I don’t know who much it is package.

1 Like

I had no idea, and I used to live there.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

3.90 €uros - Ecological Made in Italy; Available in Barcelona … !
500 grams = 1 / 2 kilo.

BUCATINIECOLOGICAL00113310302453____2__600x600 BUCATINIECOLOGICAL00113310302453____2__600x600|600x600

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold