The Poynt, Newburyport MA

We met up with friends at The Poynt for brunch this past Sunday.

It’s a really nice space, industrial feel but muted paint made it feel warmer.
We sat on the dining room side near the open kitchen. No wait at 11:00,
although we did download the “No Wait” app that they recommended, just in case.

We had a basket of beignets with jams, 2 pressed coffees (about 3 full cups each) to start.

The beignets were nice, sweet small bites. I don’t usually order coffee out but I am a fan of pressed coffee so we gave it a shot. It wasn’t bad but I do prefer a darker roast.

Two of us ordered the Spense, 3 eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. Both plates looked good, and were finished off entirely.

My husband had the bennies on polenta cakes, spinach and pancetta. He really enjoyed it, thought the pancetta was cooked perfectly.

I ordered the smoked brisket and potato hash with poached eggs. I asked for the BBQ hollandaise on the side. I was glad I did, it was too sweet.
My poached eggs were over cooked, hard yokes. I was very disappointed about that.
I think with regular hollandaise and properly cooked eggs I would of enjoyed my dish very much.

There is deck seating, several TVs in the bar and a pretty interesting beer and cocktail menu.

The small plate and dinner menu looks very promising, we plan to head back in the near future for a bite at the bar.

3 Likes