The New Mr Pizza Slice, Red Bank

I have to say the Costco ¼ pounders are also very tasty.

1 Like

Yes, costco snack bar gets it done lol. I’m still a sucker for the natural casing crispy snap :slight_smile:

Costco use to use Hebrew National until they started to make their own, but you knew that.
My favorite is Nathans and not at the Monmouth or Freehold mall, but at Coney Island, they are kosher style and have the right spice. I am in search of a spicy hot dog, Costco in Marlboro use to carry (in the refrigerator section), an all natural beef sausage - that was terrific. I can no longer find it in Monmouth county. IMHO Hebrew National went downhill when they were purchased by Conagra. And you don’t have to be observant to prefer a kosher style hot dog …
A few years ago, at the Rock, during Devil games, there was a Korean food stand that served a hot dog with Korean accessories - was terrific when hot, but all too often it was served cold.

Nathans, Bests, Shickhaus, Thumans with the natural casing.

All have their time and place :slight_smile:

Apparently my son follows Mr Pizza Slice on social media and with it having been a hang out of his during his RBC days he wanted to give them a try. He got the “appetizer” slice as well as the chicken bacon ranch slice and a fried Mac n cheese ball. I got the Italian hot dog. FYI @VikingKaj the automated soda dispenser has water, you didn’t have to use the bathroom.

The appetizer slice was the big hit, the chicken ranch was ehhh as was the fried Mac n cheese ball. The Italian hot dog wasn’t half bad, however it really needs two dogs instead of just one. Every other bite was just bread and peppers and onion without any meat.

$23. For the above, it is what it is as they say. I hadn’t been there in nearly 10 years prior to today and it will probably be another 10 before I return.

i

Dang, mistake missed that. Although soda dispenser water always has a vague taste of whatever else is sharing the line, and RB water stinks to begin with.

The water around here may not be Tom’s River hexavalent chromium bad, but it still eats the seals in my toilets…

1 Like

This has to stop.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it ate the @seal

2 Likes

Viking you are correct. Slices are pisspoor smallish these days. I was hoofing by their last month for a show at the Basie (I was meeting someone and for the life of me, I can’t even recall the event). I stopped by for a slice on the fly, and they had every kind of pie imaginable 'cept for a plain.

Not spending $4 plus for slice with some veggie or a bit of meat on it. Walked out, and thought to myself that I didn’t need it. Did swing by later as I walked to my car and they did have a plain pie, and which on reheat was ok. Something’s missing flavor wise, or maybe I was just a bit miffed from not getting one earlier