The new croissant taking Paris by storm - the CROOKIE

1 Like

So, is it a waste of a good croissant or a waste of two good cookies? Although if offered one I would surely let it go to waist (mine).

This is currently all over TikTok, people are using storebought croissants and cookie dough.

Sheesh, just eat a chocolate croissant like a normal person.

5 Likes

No kidding.

I do not understand this one at all.

2 Likes

I would eat if it was put in my hand. Maybe its good. I can’t imagine choosing to purchase one. Nevermind standing in line or traveling to another country just to get one. This is not the first time or the last time that I look at the world and ask, Why?

1 Like

I tried a cronut out of curiosity. It was a travesty.

I gave cruffins the side eye and avoided them because theres no way that can work.

A crookie just makes me weep.

It’s hard enough to find a decent croissant.

3 Likes

Even harder to find a good chocolate chip cookie.

1 Like

I am holding out for the ham and cheese version.

A ham and cheese chocolate chip cookie?

You do you, but… Yeesh.

:slight_smile:

But it’s so. much. fun to mash up random words and patisserie items to create a new, fun term / trendy new product with which to milk the thirsty (hungry?) masses :wink:

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the Hot Croissant Bun.

2 Likes

Got a crookie from Clem et Gwen yesterday just for fun. TBH I found it ugly and didn’t expect much, but to my surprise, it was really good. Structurally speaking, there was chewy and crispy cookie dough on and inside the croissant, my version has praline. Taste wise, the flavours and texture worked well, the praline is sublime. I guess it’s the reason why even established chefs, like Conticini, are interested in this trend.

I forgot to take a photo, this pict is from the bakery’s website.

The big negative point of crookie is the 5.90€ price tag, which is even more expensive than a more labour intensive cake (around 5.5€), also more expensive than a praline croissant (2.20€) + a cookie (3.50€) together. Also, it is hard to convince the die-hard croissant defenders like , he refused to even try a bite.

3 Likes

You’re my hero.

More on le crookie: