The Loft Thai fusion in Vallejo

We recently had dinner at The Loft Thai fusion, a new restaurant located in the Hidden Brook development in Vallejo, next-door to the excellent Michael Warring restaurant.

The most memorable thing about the dinner was how horrible the service was, I can’t remember the last time I encountered servers who were so unwelcoming.

Here is what we ate:

Egg rolls: good

Shrimp fresh rolls: basically spring rolls with shrimp. These were good but very stingy on the shrimp

Tom Kha soup- Just ok, a very under flavored version. Needed more of everything – fish sauce, acid, Keffer lime

Beef salad- beef Larb. Was good, perhaps the best of the dishes

Red curry with pork. We asked for spicy and it was spicy with red pepper but lacking in other flavors. Overall very generic and uninspired

For dessert Mango and sticky rice. Terrible. The mango was un-ripe and unpleasant and the rice was a very dense and dry. No coconut sauce on top.

In comparison to a place like Daughter Thai in Oakland this place is a disaster on all fronts. Poor service and mediocre food. I had hoped that we might have a decent Thai restaurant near us, but alas we will continue to drive to the East Bay when we crave Thai food.

3 Likes

Not related to The Loft, but looks like Michael Warring is getting some love from SFgate

Nice that MW is getting recognition!