the lobster house Freehold

I put the name of the restaurant in lower case because it doesn’t deserve capital letters. Let’s start with a pic:

This is a $20 lobster roll lunch at this place! My first thought was that this is very skimpy. Then I tasted it, and it literally tasted like nothing. I didn’t even finish this thing. You know you’re in trouble when the best thing on the plate were the previously frozen sweet potato fries.

Judging from the crowd (2 out of only 4 tables occupied at lunch) they get some business from the nearby retirement home. I guess that’s why the music was from the 1950s. At least the waitress was very nice, but bad, expensive food and outdated atmosphere? Sign me up. NOT!

Live and learn.

Yeah been there done that. (Thought there was already a thread concerning how little they are liked)

1 Like

Me too. I did a search and found nothing though. Something this bad deserves its own thread.

not to hijack thread- but has anyone tried Luke in Long Branch yet? Really jonesing for a good Lobster roll, but nothing around here so far…and have no plans to head to New England just yet…

1 Like

Luke’s is always good. I’ve been to the trucks and two nyc locations but never the one in Pier Village, but they are consistent. If that’s really all you want and you are determined to get it at Pier Village, believe it or not I will actually recommend you try the happy hour half price lobster rolls at Avenue on Wednesday or Friday. You will never find me saying good things about Avenue, except for exactly this - half price lobster rolls. They are teeny, but tasty and a great value at $6.50 for 3 of 'em.

def not locked into pier village- but I iknow their rep from NYC- so hoping its good there too. Just wishful for good spot locally…

1 Like

20$ is getting me some all you can eat action tonight at Little Sheep Hot Pot! Mmm.

1 Like

Bummer. That is a fine looking lobster roll. We used to spend our summers on Cape Cod (god that sounds ridiculous typed out) but my grandmother lived there. Those were some amazing lobster rolls. And my parents always paid :smile:

My favorite place up there. I’m getting hungry just thinking about a lobster roll and some fried clams: http://nausetfishandlobster.com/sir-crickets-fish-n-chips/

2 Likes

I hope the pic I posted doesn’t make you think that was in any way a decent lobster roll. Not that you can tell from the pic but it was really small, think four bites if it helps. Small aside (although for $20 they should serve up a bigger one) it was also terrible.

But, I’m glad the thought brings back fond memories…

1 Like

Ha! No. I’m not interested in tiny, flavorless lobster rolls. What a shame!

1 Like

Now that I’m looking on my computer it looks like all claw meat too? Since we are talking about lobster roll memories, about 18 years ago I attended a wedding in Booth Bay Harbah in Maine, beautiful country up there. I remember the local Mc Donald’s actually served lobstah rolls and there were pretty dam good too!

2 Likes

I am certain that even a McLobster roll would be better than what I had.

Dangit! Now I have to go to McD’s today.

1 Like

Yes, I remember this from our drives up 95. We always knew we were getting close because the menus starting having lobster rolls on them.

2 Likes

Unless you are in Maine you ain’t going to find no Lobstah Roll here in Mc’ Joisey my friend. Don’t know why else you “have to” go to Mc D’s today.

1 Like

Been to this place once or twice, always feels it is overpriced for it’s quality. Don’t really understand how this place stay in business for so long.

2 Likes

Practically walking distance for me. We eat out all the time and have never been.

1 Like

I think I just found the only lobster roll that may taste worse than the one at the lobster house:

2 Likes

Is that the place over by the Stop & Shop on 537?

1 Like

Yep, that’s it. They share a building with a Jewish Heritage Museum. I firmly believe that we would have had a better lunch at the museum.

1 Like

But probably not a lobster roll. :relaxed:

2 Likes