The Hunt for decent chocolate on the North Fork

I went on a search for some decent chocolate on the North Fork today. I’ve been spoiled by Lilac Chocolate in Manhattan.
First stop North Fork Chocolate in Aquebogue. You would think by their name that they specialized in chocolate. It’s a very nice location and space but I.M.H.O. not a very good spot for this type of retail store. Two days before Easter and I was the only one in the store.
They seem to be selling about 5% chocolate products and lots of popcorn, potato chips, nick knaks etc. according to the totally unenthusiastic woman working the counter. She nearly put me to sleep.
I bought a piece of store made almond bark but haven’t tried it. They also make some of those fancy gourmet chocolate pieces which didn’t move me. I like simple chocolate: covered caramel bars, marzipan, cherries, nuts, jelly. As I said, Lilac has spoiled me.
Next stop: Love Lane Sweet Shop in Mattituck. The place was bustling. They are on a busy street in the village with lots of foot traffic. Bright cheery manager and employee greeted me. They also sell quite a bit of non-chocolate items but chocolate has a major presence. They don’t make their own but carry Asher’s and other high quality chocolate. I got a small box with dark chocolate marzipan, chocolate covered jelly grahams and butter nut crunch. A totally bright and uplifting experience. What retail should be.
Once again, WHY don’t we have a LONG ISLANG category!

What is a jelly graham? Layer of jelly spread or sandwiched in there somewhere?

Motosport - I messaged you

Graham cracker, thick layer of jelly, covered in chocolate. I prefer the dark. Google Ascher’s chocolate.