The Houston Area Pizza Thread

We don’t have a pizza thread here that I have found in a search, so consider this an open pizza discussion.

I’ll start. I found some amazing pizza out in Rosenberg. I know that some of you wander out that way occasionally. A couple of New York ex-pats have set up shop in the reviving old downtown district, which by the way is a fun stroll with many other shops open now. The pizza place is called Gino’s Italian Joint. Other than pizza, they also serve several types of heros, a single pasta dish (baked ziti), occasionally lasagna, pastries and coffee, candy both new and retro, and CBD products of all kinds. You can have CBD put into your food as well for an extra charge. I still haven’t figured out what it does for you so I opted out of the CBD add-on. :laughing: We tried the truffle fries and meatballs while we waited for the pizza. Pizzas take 20 minutes to cook. I’m not a meatball fan, but the truffle fries were interesting.

The pizzas are all 18 inches, thin, New York style crust, foldable, and delicious. I am now grateful to the relatives I have living out there for providing a reason to visit. This pizza is outstanding. There are about six tables inside and four outside, so best not to come during a lunch or dinner bubble time. We got there at 11:30 AM and we’re the first people there, but when we left all the tables were full.

https://www.ginositalianjointmenu.com/

3 Likes

That actually is a pretty good looking pizza.

I am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around this though:

Okay. Now let me read that again and see if I understand. Just give me a few days. :rofl: :roll_eyes:

Sorry. Guess its been a while since I was in Rosenberg!

1 Like

Even though I have two siblings that live there, it’s been a long time since I’ve been there as well. There has been a lot of changes in recent years, including a one-way traffic pattern that caught me by surprise. But the old downtown is now populated by shops and businesses. There was a bus load of people there shopping together and all wearing the same T-shirt. It seems to be have become an attraction. Messina Hof has opened a winery and restaurant in nearby Richmond. This seems to be a trend in older small towns I’ve noticed. I’m not sure if it has to do with the Waco and Laurel, Mississippi TV shows about revitalizing small towns, but it is really nice to see. I know I went to the old downtown in Lufkin and the same thing is happening there, they have a brewery and a wine bar among other things. Livingston is also revitalizing their downtown area. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Just amazing. I’ve been trying to remember if I’ve ever eaten anywhere there. Seems like there was a bbq place on 36? Maybe a kolache place on the east end of town that was recommended by one of the long lost regulars on CH? Then there was Bob’s Tacos or something like that on DD&D.

I’m not sure just where ‘old downtown’ is but I guess it’ll be hard to miss!

That pizza does look good but I couldn’t handle an 18" pizza.

They offer slices! Just like NYC. I’ve been to Bob’s Tacos once, my sibling goes every week. I had to stop at their shaved ice booth after of course. 2M Burger was also on a Tv show I think, but it was also highly recommended by a CH poster. I had a burger there once, it was very good. They have since closed.

Anybody heard of this, tried this?

Lots of talk this week on the HouCHies FB page. Only available frozen at the downtown Spec’s and on Sundays from a food truck at 5618 Yale, 9a to 2 pm.

1 Like