The Good News Thread In The Age of Corona

I figured out e mails 10 years ago but have never sent a text and refuse to do it. I prefer the sound of a human voice.

Call me a dinosaur. :t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex:

1 Like

Horses for courses. I live on email, text, and IM. Voice calls and video teleconference by appointment only. I find random calls intrusive and break up the flow of my life, work and personal. I check voicemail religiously - Sunday mornings. If there are too many I won’t get to them all.

2 Likes

I am with you. I hate talking on the phone and hate when the phone rings - its an interruption. Not that I don’t love my friends. I hate drop ins too.

2 Likes

Darling Gwenn, Today I will not call you and expect you will not call me. We can each take comfort in the assurance that at least two HO friends will not intrude on one another. hugs, dave

1 Like

I very much appreciated curbside pickup when we were really trying to avoid going into a grocery. But I would never choose to shop that way. I’m a “sale” shopper, meaning unless I am desperate for something and run out completely. If I can’t see what’s discounted, then I don’t know which trip to skip something and which trip to buy 10 of them. Also, I like to pick my own produce. Also also, their substitutions - while you don’t have to accept them - are rarely what I would substitute. And you can’t just easily go back into the store and get what you would substitute, because that would defeat the purpose of curbside. As a bandaid, though, it’s great I agree with you.

1 Like

We are having some very interesting neighborhood chats in my somewhat liberal enclave. Our governor effectively mimicked the CDC guidelines. So now, people are debating about whether they should still mask in a store if they are vaccinated. Some people are saying yes do, because lots of no vaccine/no mask people are walking around and either the vaxed want to (1) protect themselves or (2) not spread if they catch it or (3) virtue signal, frankly. Others say, if you are vaxed, you should stop masking. (1) you are safe, (2) if you insist that people “trust the science” then you have to stop masking when they say it’s ok equally as much as start masking when they say so. I can see both sides. Quite tricky argument.

2 Likes