The Five Strongest Gins In The World...

Usually a decent but not expensive vodka. 40% abv.

Rum for rumtopf. Bourbon for cherry bounce (or brandy.)

Here’s some links to a lot of info. Some may be outdated or I may have improved procedures after making product commercially. But it’s a good start.

1 Like

Excellent - thanks.

If you need more info, start a separate thread.

Manzanita branch being shaved to smoke a glass for a negroni made with st George terroir gin (by Anthony at the bar at Saison, sf)

1 Like

Who knew the extent of the intricacies of the craft cocktail world? My liquor cabinet isn’t big enough for all these accoutrements. . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My liver isn’t big enough, either, unfortunately :cry:

2 Likes

I had a martini last week with Plymouth and it was really good! I also like Hayman’s Old Tom.

1 Like

I know this is an OLD thread, but I so agree with your list @RedJim. Gin is my favorite spirit and those you mentioned have the flavor profile I seek. I don’t drink it straight, but my G&T’s are pretty light on the tonic. I don’t much care for Hendrick’s but it’s the gin Alaska Airlines offers. Hat Trick is pretty good though IMO. Has anyone tried New Amsterdam? I picked up the vanilla note immediately so had to research, sure enough vanilla. Yuck, didn’t like the gin but it was at a friend’s house. He’s in the hospitality industry too - interesting choice…

1 Like