The Chop Shop Bar and Grill, Smithtown, NY first visit

We visited our CPA and had a post tax meal near him at this restaurant. He recommended it highly after I mentioned it. It was really terrific. The name belies the upscale interior, completely acceptable noise level despite a big Tuesday eve crowd including the separate bar area. Very nicely appointed, very gracious and professional servers and runners.

Prices, too, are higher than typical “bar and grill” stops, more like quality neighborhood bistro, and well deserved.

The food was excellent. I had a perfectly cooked to order, rather large, med/rare inside cut skirt steak over freshly cut hash browns with onions and plenty of chunks of portobello mushroom. Husband had a burger, as always, and it was excellent, as were the very crisp and greaseless curled fries and lightly dressed cole slaw.

We shared a salad that came with my prix fixe dinner and the vinaigrette was perfect. Prix fixe came with 3 dessert choices: sorbet, flourless chocolate cake and rainbow cookie cake. We shared the latter. It could have used more almond flavor/paste, but had plenty of whipped cream and raspberry on the plate.

Will definitely make a point of stopping in here any time we’re in the area.

Gastronomous, if you’re reading here, I highly recommend adding to your lunch list. :slight_smile:

http://www.chopshopbarandgrill.com/

On their web site, they list another restaurant of theirs, Hudson Mill, in MatzohPizza and Oregano Joe’s in Wantagh.

1 Like

Looks great StonedSoup! I checked out the link / website and I can’t wait to get over there soon! The menus don’t open, but your description got me salivating! :wink:

1 Like