The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

What? She beat you with her meat?!?!?!

She assaulted you with A Salted Beef???

3 Likes

Yes and Yes!

@gracieggg I hate to say it, but it sounds like your kind of stuff… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My guess is shoprite doesn’t have this displayed :wink: still a nice looking steak

1 Like

Have you had any chance to eat any matsusaka there yet? You’re killing me with these pics! I really want to get back. Maybe a Japan hodown can be arranged lol

From my earlier trip to Shop Rite, 16oz prime strip. Went FBL* and decided to buy the sauce and have a nice tomato and onion salad/side.

(*Full Blown Lugers)

7 Likes

Man this thread is getting hot! Haha! Lots of nice looking pics folks. Let’s keep it going. I need to step up my steak game. I’m trying to cut down to a steak or so a week. I’ve got a ribeye in the fridge now. I’ll try to snap a pic in the next day or two.

1 Like

Has anyone tried mamajuana? I’m not sure anything can taste worse than this. It’s crappy rum (or something) mixed with tree bark, literally. Picture the shittiest rum you’ve had, mixed with bark and topped off with some dirt for good measure. Holy cow, this stuff made me barf from one shot. I really can’t describe how bad this stuff is. The warm bacon grease with hot vodka seems like a picnic compared to this stuff. @jcostiones I’m sure you can top this lol

Yeah man. I tried it once, but I swear I didn’t inhale!!!

In an Italian place last week in Taipei.

Tomahawk Pork Chop.

USDA Prime, Rib Eye. Imported!! From America!! Perfect sear.

No Matsutake yet. Got another week to go.

6 Likes

Drifting. To Asia. :slight_smile:

Taoyuan Taiwan, last year. Wang’s Steak.

32oz Rib Eye to share. Aussie Beef.

6 Likes

Who are you, Bill Clinton?

Please tell me some lucky person or dog got the gnaw on that bone! That’s a legit 32Oz steak

That is a thing of beauty my friend!

1 Like

Some dawg gnawed on dat bone. Me!!!

Nice service. The carver took the bone away after breaking down the steak table side. I don’t understand Chinese, and I was freaked when he took the bone away.

Turns out the bone is brought back to the kitchen and finished on the grill to char all sides. Very nice touch.

Complete meal for two was just shy of usd$200. Much more than a typical Taiwanese meal, well worth the price.

Two flutes if bubbly to start. A bottle if Argentina Cab.

Tweezered appetizer/salad. Consume.

Bread service.

The steak.

Desserts: Creme Broulee for she, Apple Tart thingee for me.

A couple of after dinner beverages.

This dinner at Wang’s Steak was superior by far to the meal I had at Ruth Chris Taipei some years back.

4 Likes

I did not have sexual relations with that rib eye.

It was only oral. :wink:

4 Likes

Holy crap I’m drooling at those photos!!!

That is awesome that they charred that up for you. I never even thought about asking for the kitchen to do that. I think here it would be frowned upon by the kitchen. I NEVER send anything back! I’ve seen some pretty disturbing stuff working in a few restaurants when I was a kid. That is very cool that they actually took it and did that for you. I’ve never seen anything like that in all my streak adventures. Keep up the great pics. I’m really enjoying them! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, happy to share!

Seems the rib bone sear is SOP for Wang’s. Really adds grill flavor to the meat on the bone. Never seen nor even heard of this additional step before.

Will be in Yokohama tomorrow, finishing up in Tokyo next week. Enjoying the fish, noodles, tempura and such. That said, starting to feel the need. The need for a hunk of meat!!!

Hope this won’t gross anyone out. Had a delicious Beef Tongue dinner in Kyoto a couple years back. Most memorable meal, hope to do it again on this trip.

English menu. Not common at all in most places.

Beef Tongue Tartare.

Thin Sliced.

Thicker Presentation.

Deep Fried.

Was ALL GOOD!!!

5 Likes

How do you incorporate the onion/tomato? WITH the steak on your fork or strictly as a side salad?

And I must admit, I hadn’t tried Peter Luger’s steak sauce until a few weeks ago. Of all things, it was poured over rice and gandules by Justin’s family (a Spanish thing). Holy eff that stuff was the real deal. I need a bottle!

2 Likes