The Big Ole NJ Pork Chop Thread

We cooked and shared a store-made stuffed Kansas City style pork chop from Shoprite Shrewsbury. Highly recommend!

3 Likes

time for bed. Smoked almond encrusted, flour dredged, then seared in bacon fat. Topped with spiced apple and maple thick cut bacon and baked in cast iron.

20 Likes

F’n well done my man! (well no actually a perfectly medium done I hope!) Kudos!!! But how was it???

Wow :heart_eyes: That is a gorgeous looking chop and preparation Johnny!

1 Like

HELL YES! That looks fantastic.

That looks so good I don’t know if I would have even remembered to stop and take a picture.

Remember to repost next year when we vote for Best Culinary Creations!

3 Likes

What is a Kansas City style pork chop?

Yes pork chop with bacon on top ! The pig really is a magical animal!!

WOW!
Just WOW!

Speechless… Simply stunning

I have no photographic proof, but last night the best pork chop of 2020 consumed by me, so far, was last night at Ristorante Giorgia in Rumson NJ. Open on a Monday, with half the family ownership on deck, I was served up a buttery crisp sweet and tender non-peeve inducing thick rib chop so generous that I had to finish it today for lunch, and lo and behold! It was just as tender the next day out of the fridge. We’ve all suffered through the leftover pork chop that requires a power tool the next day, but not this one. That and the wife’s leftover boneless chicken thigh stuffed with sausage left me wondering why we’re not there every Monday since most good places are closed. The End.

4 Likes

Alright @corvette_johnny you issued the challenge and I accept!!! I went for the single cut version vs. the 2 bone /double cut you did. As described above I made it with a maple bourbon bbq over red cabbage and cauliflower mashed. (hard to admit but I used canned red cabbage and frozen mashed cauliflower, neither one I particularly cared for)

The pork chop though was delicious!! I still like Semolina’s better but this is a great chop! Oh next time I really want to brine it, time didn’t allow for that tonight.

(2 Berkshire and two “normal” cops for comparison)

13 Likes

I realize this is a NJ thread, but let me suggest trying a dry brine, for making this at home.

I’m originally from NY, so reasons. (My daughter says that’s an argument. )

1 Like

HO is a boarder-less society! All are welcome to come and post on the NJ board or any board they like. The only thing I will warn you about posting on the NJ board is to be careful of @seal, pet him once and he might follow you home.

Thank you for sharing the pork chop recipe! I might give that a try next time, I wanted to “traditionally” brine the chops above but time and impatience were working against me.

3 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Thanks, but you should see me when I’m not wearing the medical mask!

4 Likes

If that’s becoming a problem, might I suggest trying the dry brine on him as well.

3 Likes

You let me know and I volunteer to club that @seal.

2 Likes

Nice!! It looks like you got the caramelization right on point.

1 Like

I may look appetizing, but I am all blubber!

Stick with the pork chops.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes