The Absolute WORST Christmas Candy 2022

Agree?

1 Like

I like chocolate oranges and peppermint bark!

4 Likes

Aww, I used to like that Christmas nougat candy. Too sticky for my dental work now!

3 Likes

We always had a box of the cherries at Christmas when I was a kid. I remember them as being pretty good. Maybe not so much anymore.
The comments are pretty funny.

2 Likes

I like the chocolate oranges and peppermint bark too.

As a kid, we always got that book of lifesavers at church on Christmas. Not the best, but we always managed to finish them off.

And candy canes? We decorated the tree with them and then used them to stir our hot chocolate. They had to be the traditional peppermint ones though.

4 Likes

Ribbon candy

Huh - While I’ll 100% agree on ribbon candy and Christmas Nougat, I enjoy peppermint bark! And as kids used to get Lifesaver Books in our stockings. There was always 1 roll that was left because no one wanted to eat it. Usually anything pineapple was left over until Mom threw it out.

3 Likes

It looks pretty on the plate, but does anyone actually eat it?

1 Like

I actually liked the pineapple. I recall an odd flavor (butter rum?) that dad would finish off.

3 Likes

My Grandma always got those from us, as she enjoyed them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I consider myself lucky to never have heard of most of these (minus the canes and peeps), nor eaten any of it.

1 Like

I liked the butter rum but not the pineapple. Especially liked cherry or grape.

1 Like

My sisters and I would always swap. I gladly gave the grape for the pineapple. I guess dad had all the buttered rum (probably no longer a flavor suitable for kids),

1 Like

What? Ribbon candy? That was always a childhood favorite and I passed it on to two more generations.
One year we hung beautiful candy canes on all possible branches of a very tall and wide Christmas tree. Just candy canes. It was beautiful! For some reason our mother decided to spray the tree with a pine scented room spray. Those who snitched a candy cane in secret found out how vile the taste of pine scented room spray can be. It may have been her diabolical plot to keep the tree decorated with the canes. I think the tree was a fir. Speaking of candy canes, does anyone know why they’re all a product of Mexico? I can’t find any US made, reasonably priced, quality candy canes.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ha! My brothers and I would always eat the buttered rum ones and pretend we were drunk.

4 Likes

Thank you, I just emailed them about online orders.

1 Like

I never realized German children were so deprived. No bark? No ribbons? :cry:

1 Like

Yes, terribly. Advent calendars with pictures and chocolate, Lindt Santa Clauses, xmas cookies & Lindt ballz. Boots full of citrus, chocolate & money on St. Nicolaus aka December 6.

I’m scarred for life, as you can tell :wink:

5 Likes

Is “Reindeer Corn” from that list the same as Candy Cane Candy Corn (shown below)?

Same as Reindeer Corn (from the list)?