Thai Dining in Mass

Having just returned from three months in Chiang Mai, Thailand (I spend 3-4 months each year), I love cooking regional Thai dishes. I also love dining out. What are your favorite Thai/Viet restaurants? Sourcing ingredients are challenging but I found Lowell quite abundant in Asian grocery stores beyond HMart. What are your favorites? I’ll drive anywhere in Mass, RI to find them.

3 Likes

I was in Newport/ Middletown RI last spring. One evening solo I jumped at the chance for Thai cuisine. Chose NaPha Thai Kitchen 120 W Main Rd, Middletown. At first thought I was in the wrong spot as it’s the first floor of an Inn. Went in, lovely room, gracious servers and delicious IMO food. I ordered steamed mussels with Thai herb in a spicy broth topped with basil, then KaoSoi (Chicken) - Rice noodles in a rich curry based broth, topped with fried shallots and bean sprouts. I wanted to lick the bowl it was so delicious. As rich and spicy as menu described. https://naphathaikitchenri.smiledining.com/?2023121402

5 Likes

While I’ve never been, Lots of Eats Thai Kitchen in North Andover gets very good reviews from a group of employees who go there almost once a week. Better to eat in vs. takeout.

2 Likes

Here’s a start: two good lists. Somerville, MA has some great thai options.

Sunrise market in Allston is a small thai-specific market.

2 Likes

@Suki I definitely want to check this place out: Mahaniyom. And I still haven’t gone to Boon Noon which is in my town. GAH!

3 Likes

These both look promising. Perhaps we can get a group together for an outing?

1 Like

I have pondered a GBA get-together but my schedule can be unpredictable and is in flux at the moment. Can’t hurt to try, though!

Pho So 1 in Randolph is - by far - my favorite Viet spot in the greater Boston area. Been there over 100 times and don’t get tired of it. Everything I’ve had is incredible

For Thai, I’ve found Brown Sugar Cafe on Comm Ave to be some of the best in town as well as 9Zaab in Cambridge if you’re more into Thai street food

3 Likes

Both on my list and now I just feel like I need to knock 'em out sooner than later

1 Like

For us Cha Yen in Watertown was by far the best Thai we had when living in GBA

1 Like

Is it the same owners as Pho So 1 in Quincy?

Yep! Their original location is in Randolph and they expanded into Quincy last year. I’ve been to both but still like Randolph the best. It’s also closer to me. The Quincy location is a tad fancier

1 Like

Laughing Monk in Allston specializes in Isaan cuisine and is delicious.

1 Like