Tasty Happy Hours at Le Sirene, Larchmont

When Le Sirene opened its doors about 2 years ago on Palmer Ave. in Larchmont the owning Bruno family brought a sense of casual chic along with them. The Salerno-bred Brunos also operate Sistina, San Pietro and Caravaggio in Manhattan. Brother Cosimo Bruno is at the helm most of the time in Larchmont. Special Hint: Executive Chef Alberto Pepe is, to my palate, one of the best Italian cooks around.
Dropped in early last evening for Happy Hour and live music in the bar/lounge and it was popping. Nice group. Complimentary waves of appetizers were placed on the bar for everyone to indulge: crusty pizzas from the wood burning oven, lovely crudité assortments in iced bowls, shoestring style fried zucchini, and perhaps the best arancini (rice balls) I have tasted, full of cheesy creamy flavor.
The Happy Hours are held Tuesday thru Thursday and Sundays from5 p.m. There are live vocals and piano on Thursdays.

Driving from Harrison when I remembered the Thursday Jazz Nights held at Le Sirene in Larchmont. It was happening with a nice happy hour crowd on hand to help it along. Owner Cosimo Bruno was moving about endlessly helping behind the bar and running in and out of the kitchen. He brings me a complimentary truffled potato croquette topped with a tuna sauce I had inquired about. It was a very tasty golf ball sized morsel. Followed up with one of their pizzas, and I left it to him. A short time later out comes an artsy 12 inch pie, I could have hung it up. The pizzaioli had topped it with some cheese, prosciutto, fresh tomato sauce, basil and hunks of a fresh sliced burrata. Oh my! Had everyone at the bar staring. Took half home to share with my SO…