Tamales [NJ]

I have been making a gastronomical come back due to having a major pancreatitis issue.
My diet for the past 9 months has consisted of low fat , non fried & no alcohol.
I use a local barber in Freehold & asked her who has the best Tamales in a town known for hole in the wall Mexican joints.
She suggested a small place in the bus terminal building & Romeo & Conchatta (?) Not sure of spelling.
I have hit the one in the Terminal 6x , love the chicken tamales, $1.25 each so good.
Cash only other items on the menu,small lunch counter.
Get there early she sells out quickly by 10 am or so.
Expect more from me as I am getting stronger every day.

9 Likes

I want to say "don’t call it a comeback ", but I don’t really know what that means, so I’ll just say welcome back. I do love tamales, and I do love my homeboy, LL Cool J.

3 Likes

LL Cool J is from Freehold?

Thanks does feel like a comeback & am an LL fan too!

2 Likes

No he’s from Queens NY , reference to a comeback is from a line in a song of his

2 Likes

Forget Oreo’s, eat cool J cookies!

3 Likes

:+1::heart:

1 Like

I need an around the way tamale??

2 Likes

I hit up the Freehold bus terminal for the first time a couple of months ago. Think I’ve tried all the tamales and they are quite good. Saves me the trip of driving to Red Bank when I need a fix.

3 Likes

What’s favorite authentic tacos in freehold?

1 Like

I only know him from NCIS. He plays a Californian well enough I figured he was one.
:slight_smile:

I am partial to Chicken

Just saw a window sign on a place on Main St Freehold TKO Tacos for Hot Tamales.
I will hit them up next week probably.
Not out of the way :sunglasses:

Been a while since I’ve been to TKO. Don’t think they were serving tamales when I last visited. I’m partial to the hurraches at TKO.

2 Likes

I had something that was really good a few months ago, something like a combination platter. Very happy to see that they are offering tamales.
So I definitely have to try the tamales now.

TKO only doing tamales Saturday & Sunday FYI