Taking one for the team: bread division

I know my wife bought a digital copy at first for the ipad and then bought the hardcover book. I usually open the digital copy for reference while I’m baking bread. Her website has some delicious dishes way beyond bread that we have also prepared.

Last time I baked the brioche I made it shaped this way.

5 Likes

I made a single loaf today. The bottom stuck to the buttered pan, but I managed to remove it without too much damage. I think I should have used metal instead of pyrex. A slice warm from the oven with the pstob was divine.

7 Likes

Def metal.

Loaf looks terrific. Enjoy!

I use about a Tablespoon of olive oil directly on the dough and smear 1 generous T. of butter inside the metal pan before placing it in the preheated oven.

Made a quick batch of flour tortillas tonight for dinner tomorrow. Recipe from Alexandras Kitchen.

6 Likes

I’ve made this one before, and it’s good especially for how easy it was!

1 Like

This morning I gave this Food52 recipe, Stuffing Bread, a try. Shaped into rolls for sandwiches, baking now. Really easy, short proofing time, uses dry spices I always have on hand but extremely flexible there and on a warm sunny day like today rose beautifully just sitting out.

Ps-kitchen smells amazing!

4 Likes

So happy.

7 Likes

Gorgeous, I can almost smell them!!

1 Like

Thank you. I setup a small kitchen in the barn and the smells are so welcome. Stuffy barn smell it ain’t!

3 Likes

Impressive!

Thanks! Made for a tasty ham and cheese melt.

2 Likes