Take it to the bridge.........Hebden Bridge !

(EMLYN WILLIAMS) #1

In HB (as I am sure no one calls it ) this Friday for a music concert ( as I am sure no one calls them ) at the Trades club.

Never been there before. Fear of boho chi chi nonsense is coursing through my veins.

Anywhere decent to eat in town ?

Thanks in advance

(John Hartley) #2

I’m surprised that they still have a Trades Club - knowing what I know about Hebbie (which I am sure no one calls it), I’d have expected it to be renamed something much more twee.

As for eats, have a look at the Stubbing Wharf. No experience of it - but we intended to go to the town last year and seemed a decent lunch bet (never got there in the end)

(EMLYN WILLIAMS) #3

Update from last week though not really Moor Hall standard or aspirations. Never bothered with the Wharf, ironically on the basis that didnt want stodge.

Why ironic ? Well,because we went to place called Chapter 17 and I had the most lovely lamb burger!

IMG_0086 (1)|320x240

As you can see. It had feta and a bit of tzatziki, was cooked proper medium pink in the middle and was all kinds of Friday night comfort in a bun.

The sweet potato wedges were also delightful though the parmesan was probably unnecessary and the enamel cup could only be classed as a hipster affectation. The lady had red mullet on some lovely lentils and my foreground beer was a winning mix of lager/IPA which sounds like it shouldn’t really work but it did.

Front of house and kitchen duties all taken by friendly youngsters and the place was not full even on a Friday night at 7.30 so, despite the hipster tendencies, this is a good place to support if you can.

On a none food note the Trades is a great, atmospheric music venue and needs your support if you are oop North.

(EMLYN WILLIAMS) #4

IMG_0086 (1)

(John Hartley) #5

One to file away for the future. Thanks