Tail O' the Pup

3 Likes

I love this

1 Like

Hot dogs are fun food. Food for smiling children and grownups alike! This spot with the giant hotdog and bun greeting customers has been a destination for decades and glad it’s back after a hiatus. Carney’s with its giant Pullman car and perch on the Sunset Strip also taps into this element. I feel the same way when i get a dog at Dodger Stadium, or Hot Dog on Stick by the Santa Monica Pier. No forks or knives needed, just keep doing what you’re doing and put that dog in your mouth. Let’s have some laughs!

2 Likes

I’m annoyed I didn’t know about this place until today. I’ve visited LA maybe 10 times, but haven’t had a chance to explore. My last visit, we drove from Paso Robles through LA to get to La Jolla, to visit a relative, then back through LA up to San Jose, so I didn’t even have a meal in LA Proper.

We often stop at Caspers or Kasper’s in the Bay Area. I don’t have any other hot dog experiences in California.

2 Likes

Well it just reopened in July after a multi-year hiatus from a previous location so you likely didn’t miss anything.

BTW, there’s a pin on this post that appeared with the previous San Vicente Blvd address which is incorrect. It’s now on 8512 Santa Monica Blvd.

Check it out when you’re here again. The current location is on the old Route 66 and in a fun area of WeHo.

2 Likes

It’s on my California wishlist.

1 Like

1 Like

Inspirato!

4 Likes