Taco & Lime Marlboro

So being the laziest person on earth and getting a menu in my mailbox had to try this new place off Ryan Rd & 79 opposite of Asian Market.
Food arrived promptly via Door Dash.
She had loaded nachos and boy were they loaded with stuff tasty and plentiful .
Of course being the contrarian I ordered a Jamaican Jerk chicken dish with sweet plaintains ,avocado and rice and beans.
It was excellent and I have half leftover for lunch tomorrow
Not sure what the inside of the place looks like but since I practically live in the CVS adjacent to it I am sure I will find out soon enough
I’m recommending this place :+1:t2:

9 Likes

I saw this the other day when I was in the Asian Market. It looked like it took over the old Sofra/Galeta location. We have enough Mexican locations close by that I wouldn’t drive that far. When we’re at the Asian Market we usually hit up Sichuan Cottage or Jinli because local Chinese restaurants pretty much suck.

3 Likes

Went there last week. They did a nice job with the remodel from the Turkish restaurant. A “fast casual” concept where you order at the register and they bring your food to your table. Much larger menu than I expected. A tortilla chicken soup was huge and very good, chicken tacos were pretty basic but good. A shrimp ceviche was so heavily salted as to be virtually inedible. I mentioned something to the youngish cashier, but it didn’t elicit a response and I dropped it. Will go back and will avoid the shrimp ceviche.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear

Similarly, we have Rinconcito close to our house, so if I’m driving to AFM, I’ll hit Sichuan Cottage. OTOH, people who live near Taco & Lime may well make this their go-to place.

2 Likes

Lots of choices in nearby Freehold less than 5 minutes away but for takeout it’s super convenient for me.

Very true.