Survey: Love Raw Oyster -- Yes, no, maybe?

Thank you, I’ll have to remember to keep an eye out.

I think we may have to call in Zimmern here…(just kidding!)

Is the photo of the tower from your birthday? If so where did you get the $1. oysters?

I’ve never tried to “gorge” myself on oysters, although I like them I know my limit, I’ll have a dozen…after that I’m good. I love love love love love cajun fried oysters!!

1 Like

Yeah, that was from my birthday, my friends and I went through several dozen. :smiley: This was Bonney Read in Asbury. They have 1$ oysters for happy hour every day until 7, and on Wednesdays it’s all night happy hour. Brickwall also has 1$ oysters. There’s also an oyster bar in the convention hall that does happy hour but I don’t know what their deal is. Finally, Fish used to have 1$ oysters but I think they may have stopped.

Hubby is a 5

3 Likes

Funny I’m going to Fish tonight so I’ll let you know. (FYI the week after next would be good if you want to do a steak night)

Thanks, Trockwood. I suspected as much, but wasn’t sure.
PS There are few diners in the Mpls/StPaul area and they would go into hysterics if you asked if they served oysters, so no danger of the Sunday Night Massacre you warned about.
Oysters here are considered an upscale item and served in mid to upscale venues, so I will go there.

1 Like

Here’s looking at you kid…(Fish in AP $3 each)

2 Likes

still finding my way around HO
Did not know who I replied to and sent pictures of seafood from my dock a few days ago.
Was it to you?
Anyway, h ere are oysters taken from my dock yesterday. They are 4.3/4 by 2.5 ". We will eat them today raw with tabasco, squeeze of lime.
I will not be cooking for a while as he leaves for Amsterdam after lunch, devoting myself to gardening
we will just have raw oysters and maybe a steak sandwich
My son says the 2500 small oysters called SPATS cost $250
so, we still have more, His friend is now making cages for oysters and he expects to have more cages as they will be free to him ,

3 Likes

I don’t remember you responding to me previously, do you know what thread it was in? Hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labor!!

i cannot remember
just someone in the discussion about seafood and I sent pictures of crabs, oyster from my dock
he asked how long it takes for my 2500 spats ( baby oysters )which we raised from our dock will last?
Thanks

ccj - you posted those pix on the lets get to know each other thread.

We got oyster shooters once at a sushi bar, and the oysters were just huge- it was pretty gross, actually, I had to eat it in three bites. A smaller oyster would have been far better.

Otherwise, I’m not sure if I actually like raw oysters. I’d be willing to try again if I knew they were good (the opinions of others eating them), just so I wouldn’t get the wrong impression. I love them cooked if they’re done well.

thanks