Supermarket Pet Peeves

But you didn’t face plant her which is a good thing.

2 Likes

I’m trying to remember the last time I wrote a check :thinking: Maybe 2010 :confused:

1 Like

I had a moment of panic recently, I had to cancel my credit card due to fraud but also had to go grocery shopping, thought I was going to have to dig out my checkbook. I almost forgot I could just get cash at the in-store ATM!

If you’re signing a blank check, I hope your wallet/purse is never stolen.

3 Likes

Me too!

And another

Reminds me of this.

3 Likes

A display like that would royally piss me off, thank goodness I don’t have to deal with them!

That is absolutely ridiculous!

1 Like

That picture shows only one or two in an aisle. I often see more than this, especially if some item is one sale. E.g., when Progresso soups was on sale, there were stacks of cases of various varieties angled in the aisle in front of the shelf.

1 Like

Someone keeps zip ties handy for this:

parking_01

9 Likes

Wait, is that just because this person parked like an inconsiderate jerk so someone is giving the driver his/her comeuppance, or is that supposed to be a buffer against a car scraping against the side of the car?

1 Like

Yes, I do too, I always have. I like food shopping generally, even in supermarkets. I have always tended to do my supermarket shopping after 7 PM (not counting shopping at 24 hour places in the middle of the night, which I also do) so I’m guessing the stores all tend to be less crowded, which helps a lot, I know. Also I don’t do big weekly shopping runs (not convenient since we don’t drive) so I don’t care if I don’t find every single thing on a specific trip - I buy what I can easily carry every few days.

I really have a problem with supercrowded shopping, though. That’s why I basically never go to Trader Joe’s. There’s nothing they stock that is worth the stress of trying to shop in there.

3 Likes

I so agree! I am one of the few who is not enamored of the place, and its ALWAYS crowded. I don’t go there at all anymore unless I’m in the mood for their frozen latkes, which are very good. Since I too hate crowds, I do my food shopping early in the day. It’s rarely crowded then, unless it’s a major holiday.

1 Like

I miss 24 hr grocery stores. When my kids were small I always used to go in the middle of the night. The music was usually better too. Sunday mornings around 3 am the cookie aisle looked like a war zone.

5 Likes

In the area of NYC where I live, the cashiers leave two plastic 1 pint take out containers, one inside the other…the bottom one has some coins and a few dollar bills…the top one is empty for you to give them a tip… even if I have cash, I uses a card, so there is no pressured obligation to leave them something.

Why would I tip at a grocery store?

5 Likes

I’ve never seen a grocery that allowed tipping! Some even post signs in the parking lot which state that bringing your groceries to your car is part of the service and tips are not permitted.

2 Likes

I complained at one market, that I was calling the Fire Marshal because they were impeding the egress of the people shopping incase of a an emergency…
When two carts cannot pass each other in the same aisle, that is a fire code violation;
(As a side bar, many of the markets here in NYC are mush smaller then elsewhere in the country…)

1 Like

Market shopping is a fact of life…Now that I am semi-retired, I can shop at say 10:30 in the morning on a Thursday, clearly never a crowd…so now I pick and choose, but that was not always the norm… I do enjoy going to the market now, un-rushed.

I love checking out every market in every country I visit, more that the local souvenir markets…
I much rather bring home a special condiment than an refrigerator magnet!

9 Likes