Super Bowl LVI Spirits & Provisions

I still need to formulate a plan. What’s on your menu?

Crab boil, potato chips, onion dip, tortilla chips, guac, crudite, cheese ball, cheetos. The Superbowl and the Oscars are pretty much the only events during which I eat salty snacks. And then I’m good for the year.

3 Likes

That sounds good. :yum:

I still haven’t clue what I’ll do. Perhaps I’ll seriously ponder it tonight during cocktail hour(s).

1 Like

Tortilla chips, tuna/jalapeno dip, red and green salsas, guac, carnitas, chicken tinga, rice & beans, tortillas, chopped onions/cilantro/lettuce, and oaxaca… throwing it all on the island and letting them all do what they want with it.

Margaritas, extra anejo shooters, and Coronas in the bar.

4 Likes

I have a small bottle of grapefruit bitters looking for purpose…and the potluck/garage band half time show meal includes:
Sunday Gravy, meatballs, sweet sausage, hot peppers, pulled pork, stuffed spinach-ricotta shells, garlic rolls, vino and tiramisu.

Go Rams!

6 Likes

Black Bean Nachos
Buffalo Wings
Peruvian Wings
Stuffed mushrooms
Pulled Chicken Dip
Cheese Doodle/Cheeto Tasting

There were a few other suggestions but since there will only be 4 of us the above seemed like plenty.

5 Likes

Could you pls tell me more about Peruvian wings? I could google but I’d rather hear it from the source. Thanks!!

2 Likes

Onion dip / Ruffles
guacamole / tortilla chips
vegan queso (the vegan daughter is bringing it)
veggies for dips
hot dogs (regular and vegan) / buns / condiments: sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, mustard, avocado jalapeno relish, etc.
Lemon Italian soda
white wine (for the only drinker - me)
who knows what else?!

3 Likes

B is a Buckeye - he was raised a Brownies fan and went to the Ohio State University. That said, we are rooting for the Bungles. I might try my hand at Cincy Skyline chili. Plus bad beer. :grinning:

4 Likes

DH & I met in grad school at Ohio State. We’re leaving tomorrow to fly from Boston to Savannah for a 2 week stay - renting an apartment so will have a kitchen. I portioned out the spices from my decades old recipe into a small ziplock bag for Cincinnati Chili. We’ll get the main ingredients in a grocery store. Hamburger, tomato sauce, spaghetti, kidney beans, cheddar cheese, onion…will have to buy some Worcestershire and some vinegar, but it will be worth it. …

7 Likes

We love the rotisserie chicken from many Peruvian restaurants. One day I was shopping in the local market that caters to a diverse South American clientele and found the chicken marinade. Now I keep several jars in the pantry as it makes great wings. I typically marinate the wings for 24 hours and then grill or broil them, rubbing with extra sauce as needed. They have become my potluck party go-to meal.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. I will try to buy this product today. I hope I can find it.

I use this marinade for grilled fajitas and swordfish. It is so convenient and better than any marinade I can make.

4 Likes

Good luck on your shopping trip. I’ve seen a few other brands from time to time but Peru Food seems to be the most abundant around here. I also buy the aji amarillo.

Thanks for the tip on the mojo.

2 Likes

Give this a try for your grilled swordfish. Fresh citrus make all the difference…

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley - chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Set a little aside for basting while grilling, and marinate 2 hours.

3 Likes

Will do. Thank you!!

Thank you very much. The flavor turned out very good and would have been better had I put it on the grill. I’ve been lazy lately without the normal energy to annoy people so I blistered it in an iron skillet. (I thought to rest it under glass with smoke but again my lazy nature won out.).

I like this very much. The two hour marinade time seemed really good. Anyway, I appreciate the time you took to post your recipe. It was well worth it to me.

Fist off I ordered some from Amazon with delivery in a few days. I stopped at two Mexican markets (both small) without lung. Thank you for the idea. I really want to make Peruvian wings tomorrow but it might need to be next week once it arrives. Tomorrow I’m planning a shrimp appetizer dish along with a couple varieties of cheeses with dried fruit, bloody Mary’s and champagne. I might give the swordfish another go too. Please feel free to share other favorites. I am all :ear:’s.

4 Likes

Sorry you weren’t able to find the marinade locally. If you like it and want a supply, let me know and I’d be happy to send you some. Even with shipping I think it would be much cheaper than Amazon.

1 Like

We rub anchovy paste on swordfish steaks before we cook them on the grill or in a grill pan. Try it!!

1 Like

That is very kind of you, thank you. I think I’ll be able to find it locally if I look a bit more but Amazon is acceptable if not. Again, thank you.

1 Like