Super Bowl 2023 Eats

10 Likes

You’re lucky… as it sucks. While that guac recipe looks pretty good, that is not what I’ve ever received from the local Chipotle. Note that I have only tried them a few times, finding their food literally tasteless compared to real Mexican… and I have yet to return since their norovirus outbreak of 2015.

IMHO, high priced garbage.

1 Like

That’s a ‘messo’ nachos!

1 Like

I’ve never seen stromboli here in BK.

1 Like

14 Likes

3 Likes

Follow up - the poppers, dumplings and cheese-in-dough stuff were reasonably good.

I bought both regular beef filling and “Jamaican spicy” beef filling empanadas branded as/by my usual mass market store.

They were mushy flavorless crap. Lesson learned (keep making my own or buy from trusted local folks).

3 Likes

Both, chez moi!

You’re killing me, man (ma’am).

Wowza, looks great.

1 Like

So freakin good.

We are at the home of someone hailing from Oklahoma, so in addition to the Philly stromboli, we have queso and tortilla chips (my first time eating this, it’s delicious), really delicious chili, and many yummy beverages.

8 Likes

Royal Crown always tasted like cough medicine.
3V Cola was even worse.
:frowning:

1 Like

Shasta pretty nasty too

Add rum or whiskey and all good for all of em !

1 Like

So you’re making fun of RC Cola? I’m from East Texas and a lot of people still drink it here. Mostly with salted peanuts in the soda. I have no idea why but they do. And my husband is one of them.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

We never bought it as a family (my sisters were coke drinkers)
but lots of bbq joints in KC and the surrounding region had that as their major soft drink line, along with cream soda and strawberry, grape, and root beer.

4 Likes

I don’t watch football, but I got these nachos from a pub called The Morrissey House in London, Ontario, as well as braised lamb shank and lamb vindaloo. Everything was excellent.

4 Likes

Really happy to have good friends that can cook and are generous with that. I can take no credit for anything today except being a top notch eater and drinker!

Good fun good game cheers !

3 Likes

That’s a beauty!

Thanks - this was a treat and not something I am not capable of making. My pal’s tried this before. This one ended up just meat no seafood but it was far and away the best I’ve had in a long time. Super socarrat. I’m told doing this on the grill as opposed to stove makes all the difference cuz the heat is even and hot on the bottom of the whole pan. Bomba rice.

2 Likes

I had a potluck when I was 24 and living in the States, and a classmate from Texas brought queso to my party. She used to buy her Ro-Tel tomatoes at Dean & DeLuca. It seemed to be the only place she could find them in Manhattan in the late 90s.

What’s funny to me, is that 25 years later, I can find Ro-Tel tomatoes in my midsized city in Canada, and they’re often on sale!

4 Likes

I had six people over for Superb Owl, and I made about the same amount of food I made when I hosted 8 on Christmas Day. After the Christmas brunch, I had leftovers up the yin yang. Tonight, I almost ran out of food. Gotta invite these locusts more often! I wasn’t even able to take pictures, 'cause everyone showed up early, before I even had the food set up. And they started scarfing immediately.

Biggest hits: bbq’d tofu (it came out great, and I bet even Kansas City-ans would’ve liked it), grilled rosemary tangerines, kombu celery, guac.

8 Likes