Super Bowl 2023 Eats

Are you cooking / ordering / consuming either related to the game or the commercials or the half time show or because it’s a Sunday?

What’s on the menu?

2 Likes

Reposting from here:

2 Likes

Marinated Shrooms
Booze
Chopped Philly
Fries
Booze

1 Like

I’m fairly confident that bbq tofu is on no SB menu in KC or Philly.

If so, my faith in humanity is shattered :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Well, it would be if I lived there.

5 Likes

Since I have less than zero interest in football, I have volunteered to feed the household which includes one vegan. So:
various vegan frozen apps from Whole Foods including surprisingly good vegan mini corn dogs
guac and chips
onion dip (both regular and vegan) and chips
sugar snaps peas for dipping
pickles/olives
regular and vegan hot dogs/buns
white wine for me, Italian sodas, and root beer for the rest

Nothing very exciting but everyone seems to like it all.

6 Likes

I’m ready – no last minute scrambling for me (That’s Patrick Mahome’s job). Shredded beef and cheese enchiladas, Christmas

style with homemade salsa ranchera and salsa verde, with guacamole (Chipotle recipe – scoff if you want – we like it in our household)

13 Likes

Bacon wrapped smokies
chips and guac
pizza?
Tots?

Booze

7 Likes

I was thinking about posting this topic this morning… What gourmet repast is the winning team coach going to serve the losing team coach? I used to follow that in the past, now I’ll be tuned into PBS.

Sunshine and I are going to a Super Bowl Party. As usual, I’m in charge of dessert. Its going to be a small crowd, so I made a small cake.

13 Likes

9 Likes

Reservations at French Laundry

5 Likes

My fellow Eagles fans in brooklyn order stromboli shipped on ice from Philly whenever the Eagles make the superbowl. It’s very very good. I made my fave choc chip cookies to go with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s just the two of us here, with no particular plans around The Big Game. In fact, BF and his group are planning on their usual RPG night, Traveler. I may watch the game while they do their thing. I am doing homemade hot smoked trout and sides, TBD.

6 Likes

What makes Philadelphia stromboli different from Brooklyn stromboli?
Or just hometown pride and preference?

Just my son and I for tonight. He’s not much of an NFL fan and I don’t care too much who wins. Except I was a fan of sorts of Mahomes in his college career and think he’s impressed since then so I guess for this game I’ll lean Chiefs.

Got an assortment of frozen junk food to fry, bake and air-fry - jalapeno poppers, chicken-veg Korean dumplings, beef Jamaican empanadas, cheese-in-blanket (supposedly a Mex food) and some veg samosas.

Let the indigestion begin!

(Edit - indigestion for me, I mean. I doubt my son’s 18 year old stomach will complain.)

5 Likes

98 miles.

More seriously, people I know from Philly sound like it’s just like the cheesesteak - “Hey, we invented it. How can it be as good anywhere else?”

But I’ve never heard a good explanation why someone ripping it off in Manhattan (or here in my kitchen) can’t make it just as well.

As opposed to the explanation for bagels - whether correct or not, at least adherents point to “it’s the water, of course! You don’t have our water, so you can’t make our bagels.”

Someone even tried to patent a process that, IIRC, really wasn’t much more than “make bagels but use “XYZ” water”.

2 Likes

i was curious about the ‘Chipotle’ guac since i’ve never eaten there. what make’s it different? it appears to be just like any gauc. ever made (https://www.today.com/food/how-chipotle-makes-its-guacamole-t179918) and therefore should be delicious.

1 Like

This is not a year when we’re hosting people, and neither of the teams are “my” team. It’s rainy dreary outside, but when we took a walk earlier, I was smelling other people’s guilty pleasure junk foods. So I came home, warmed up a 1/2 cup of refried beans, grated some cheddar on top, threw in some pickled jalapeno slices, and crushed tortilla chips on top of that. It’s a superbowl feeling snack, and it’s making me happy :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just 2 of us tonight. We don’t follow either team, just have the game on for the pageantry and the commercials. I have no idea who Rhianna is. We’re making baby back ribs with sweet and sour glaze from the NYT. In the oven low and slow, then under the broiler. Cole slaw and canned baked beans on the side. Leftovers tomorrow!

3 Likes