Suggestions for today in Wall area causal family place

You you my fellow Ho’s…any recommendations for today for wall spring Lake area for causal dinner with the tot? Would prefer not to break bank but something a step above fast food…out of my element around there…Mr shrimp is on the list…any other places?? Harpoon willys any good for kids? Would love some ho help asap…

Frankie’s PPB. It’s so noisy in there they will never notice the tot, and there are usually plenty of them around anyway. Great burgers.

I also like Nagles Apothecary cafe in Ocean Grove. They have ice cream and pancakes, but no booze, so it’s great for family groups. Grandma & the kids are no problem.

Harpoons is ok in the dining room but the bar there is huge and there is serious cocktailing going on.

Also Pete & Eldas if you’d rather have pizza.

Sorry I didn’t see this yesterday, but I would’ve recommended Massuto’s in Wall… It’s a place a friend took me to a couple of years ago, and never fails to please! They have a market and a restaurant.

1 Like

The Squan Tavern and Jersey Shore BBQ are reliable family alternatives that are also close.

As has become the norm for me, I’m a day later and around four dollars short, but I’ll chime in should anyone else find themselves in metsfan’s place someday.

First off, I’ll begrudgingly confide a secret. Summer at this end of the county’s coast pretty much means kids are welcome anywhere - at least until around seven. If you see a joint you want to try, try it. Odds are there’s already three little ones taking crayons to table coverings inside.

In Wall itself, I’ll add my vote for Massuto’s. Service and noise are it’s Achilles heels, but the steaks and pizza can help one forgive those. Watch out for the occasional Danny Aiello visits though.

A more kid friendly pie, in a slightly less hectic setting, can be had at Federici’s on 10th Ave in Belmar. Moreover, within a few strides, there’s also 10th Ave Burrito, Simply Southern, and JSBBQ. Ragin Cajun in Belmar also appears to be hitting the right notes again after the recent sadness.

The Committed Pig in Manasquan, however, may be one of the most adored by the too young to vote demo I’ve seen in the area in a long time. At least, if the little ones in our extended family are any indication.