Story by Gabrielle Hamilton of Prune in NYC

I hope others can access it.

My Restaurant Was My Life for 20 Years. Does the World Need It Anymore? https://nyti.ms/2x5xGaa

A reference to the story.

You might not get much traction out of this thread because of the NYT signup policy. Not for me. Thought about ordering Blood Bones & Butter. But after reading a bunch of reviews I think I’ll pass. She just doesn’t sound very likable to me. Sorry.

1 Like

You might not get much traction out of this thread because of the NYT signup policy.

It’s unusual, but the NYT website is very conveniently programmed such that if you use a script blocker and don’t allow their scripts, you can still access most of their content, and without limits.

1 Like

Also, they say all their Covid stuff is open access. Not sure if this would count.

Anyway, this opening grabbed me.

“On the night before I laid off all 30 of my employees, I dreamed that my two children had perished, buried alive in dirt, while I dug in the wrong place, just five feet away from where they were actually smothered. I turned and spotted the royal blue heel of my youngest’s socked foot poking out of the black soil only after it was too late.”

I remember her from Mind if a Chef.