Steak near Jackson?

My nephew is graduating next week from Jackson Memorial and wants to go for steak. I offered to get a table at Lugers but they don’t want to travel that far. Any good ideas? I was thinking Shipwreck Grille maybe?

Your nephew needs more education! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Don’t I know it ! Although the way him and his brother eat I’ll be glad not to have to pick up a Luger tab.

2 Likes

Ship Wreck and/or Prime 13 - both are about equal. Equal distance but in the opposite (west) direction is Toscano in Bordentown.

Shipwreck Grille has been consistantly good over the years. Nearby is Prime 13 in Point Pleasant and I believe @NotJrvedivici has eaten there.

2 Likes

Personally shipwreck pissed me off a couple years ago when they shrunk portions and raises prices to include a charge for additional pieces of bread. If I’m paying north of $50. for a steak I think I shouldn’t have to pay for an additional popover.

1 Like

hmmm my sister said they were not impressed with Prime 13 that’s why I suggested Shipwreck… this highlights the dearth of a decent steak in NJ outside of Fernandes maybe…

1 Like

I founds the steaks to be about equal between the two, the service and ambiance Shipwreck wins. Though the new Prime 13 is a big step up from the original.

From what I’ve read, the commute is the least of your hassles when trying to arrange a meal at Luger’s.

1 Like

I am well acquainted with them and can usually get a table without too much trouble

1 Like

I liked the steak at American Hotel in Freehold. Been meaning to get back for it.

1 Like

That actually do a good job with their porterhouse, also a very good seafood tower. Thinking about it I guess it’s just as close as the other suggestions.

1 Like

It came to mind because the last time I was in Jackson, at the outlets, we ended up at American Hotel for dinner.

1 Like

Thanks this could be a good option. I’m a sucker for a pork chop as well

3 Likes

Try Brando’s in asbury

Welcome to the forum Stu. This is a great place to talk food. How did you find us?

1 Like

Did you have your steak dinner celebration? What place did you settle on?

Yes went to Shipwreck Grille in Brielle. Was very good. A little pricey but wasn’t my card paying so didn’t mind so much! Really a dearth of good steak around. I will be trying Gabriellas in Middletown though

2 Likes

Yeah Shipwreck raised their prices and reduced their serving sizes on sides etc about 5 years ago. They also instituted the ridiculous 1 popover for free each additional is $2 or something, that just pissed me off.

What is the consensus on Shipwreck Point vs Shipwreck Grille? Never been to Point