Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy returns on CNN!

Stanley Tucci’s Emmy Award winning series: ‘Searching for Italy’ is back! Part 2 of Season 2 begins airing on Oct. 9th on CNN, at 9 p.m. We have enjoyed past episodes very much. Beautifully filmed and quite appetizing. Have you seen it? www.cnn.com/shows/stanley-tucci-searching-for-italy

4 Likes

New series started last Sunday in the UK. Loved the first one. Havent yet watched the first episode of the new one.

I am re-watching last season to “get ready”!

Bring it on! This series of episodes will focus on Calabria, Sardinia, Puglia & Liguria.

3 Likes

Where are you rewatching?
I haven’t watched any of it yet.

Cannot waittttt!

On CNN "on Demand ".

1 Like

The first new episode took us to parts of Calabria. I have come to know many Calabrian-bred neighbors. New Rochelle is home base to Casa Calabria, a local fraternal group. Food and wine are always flowing. Especially appetizing to me was the rabbit cacciatore. Have a local restaurant here whose family actually hails from Ischia. His version of Rabbit Cacciatore with fresh tomato salad is delish!
Learned a lot about the different sections of Calabria, but it was disturbing to hear about the local Mafia influence. I thought it had been quelled years ago.

2 Likes

Mark says we should get Stanley Tucci to narrate our meals.

4 Likes

At the end of the Calabria show . There was goat being cooked . Mine will be ready in 6 weeks

1 Like

The Sardinia episode was a winner, too. Where do I start? That incredible Spain-influenced lobster dinner on one side of the island, or the ‘boobs’ bakery on the other? Fascinating…

I love this program, and I’ve watched it since it began. Is it me or does Stanley look thin and pale? I worry about his health. I want him to stick around and do more episodes!

1 Like

His trip thru Liguria certainly had its moments. Enjoyed his encounter with the Orecchiette lady. His visit to that cheesemaker tempted me. The burrata/gorgonzola combo seemed very decadent.

I watch his show because they are mildly entertaining … they just make me miss Anthony Bourdain even more.

I want to see the deleted scenes and outtakes, where Tucci tries something and spits it out, or says, “God, that’s vile!”
(Only partly :relieved:. If he actually loves everything he tries, then his opinion is not really useful.)

3 Likes

What makes you think Bourdain did not have outtakes? Probably a lot, given his sometimes-bad behavior. Tucci is not Bourdain. And let’s not forget Zimmern’s exotic culinary travels.

I have no idea about Bourdain, never having watched him. I was just saying that Tucci loves everything, which seems 1) excessive, and 2) unlikely.

I loved Zimmern’s unsuccessful attempts at durian. Also, long ago, Floyd on Food showed him despising a dish, I think of liver. No other negative tastings come to mind.

1 Like