SPONTANEOUS BITES! -- circa 2020

We love Lobster and Beer (mainly b/c we live pretty close by, and it’s nice to have a seafood shack in the neighborhood). The nachos are a messy, but surprisingly sophisticated, delight.

I think you’ve mentioned Yagul next door in other threads.

1 Like

Nice I like it too, have only had beer and CT lobster rolls hold the mayo. Actually I had the chowder and it was too gloopy for me. Nachos look good I’ll give 'em a shot. Nice folks that work there and casual atmosphere with sports and outside patio.

What do you get at Yagul? I confess sometimes I get a
horchata there and lobster roll next door. Also super nice folks running that spot.

Oh, that’s a shame about the chowder.

Only been to Yagul a few times. Tamale and torta. I think we ordered 1 or 2 other things, but I’m blanking. The ginger lemonade is SO strong that it burns as it goes down (which I don’t mind). :slight_smile: Would go more often if they opened later into the evening.

1 Like

Only good chowder I’ve had in town is Connie and teds both New England and Rhode Island. I haven’t tried manhattan there - no need.

Have to try the ginger lemonade. That sounds good to me. The lure of that lobster roll next door is hard to pass up for me.

I haven’t had one in a long time, but the one at the Lobsta Truck is so good that I generally don’t feel a need to get them anywhere else. Too bad they don’t come to West LA anymore, apparently. But maybe better for my wallet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s good for 20 bucks. I try to get one in when I’m at the Verona bldg.

1 Like

Forgive my ineptness at navigating this page but, where is this?

hi no sweat…that’s smoked sable, bagel, cream cheese, and fries etc from nate n als in BH and “chinese cookies” which are almond cookies with choc frosting and choc chip rugelach from the now closed beverlywood bakery.

Vegetarian collards

1 Like

forget bobbi fleckman for a moment, this was the hostess with the mostest.

1 Like

From Polymer Records?

1 Like

My first McRib – figured it was time to see what all the hype is about, and I was pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

Passionfruit/key lime pie at gingers

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

1 Like

is that lox I spy?

Yep, nip and tuck

Homemade concoction of eggs scrambled with freshly ground homemade hummus. Oh, and extra garlic.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 3.31.30 PM

Don’t light a match. Yet.