SPONTANEOUS BITES! -- circa 2020

2 Likes

1 Like

The one by the floating teapot?

yessir

Did a quick trip to Bistro Na and we were took weak to resist the siren calls of Sunmerry

how do the breads and pastries compare to 85, Duke and/or JJ? they just opened a Sunmerry near us.

I haven’t been to Sunmerry in several years because I always found them to be rather sweet. Duke has always been a bit too far for me to try, but JJ was always my favorite. Haven’t been to an 85° in years, either, since I felt their quality really took a dip with their rapid expansion about 7 years ago.

That said, I tend to go for the more savory offerings, so mileage may vary.

1 Like

Few things in life are better than apple pie and ice cream.

It’s the king of pies and don’t try telling me otherwise.

1 Like

Some miscellany

Stevie’s - well it is crawfish etouffee. Scratched the itch. Nola is far away.

New Beverly - great candy and soda selection. Sasparilla. Cheerwine. Root beer. Chilled junior mints. Hot dogs. Good prices. Free popcorn for kids matinees. Quentin’s 35mm passion project has become a neighborhood fixture.

Shan dong - handcut sesame noodles one of my favorite meals in Bay Area.

Luv2eat Thai
Fatty and crispy pork skewers and some seriously spicy and funky papaya salad

4 Likes

I don’t have anything substantive to add, except to say that I have those same paper plates.

1 Like

Damn that looks good, where from?

That’s from this spot called lobster and beer in Santa Monica. I have a standing appointment in the same building so it’s a welcome respite. Good happy hour during day with a bunch of stuff.

It’s pretty casual and prob about 10 bucks less than the lobster roll competition not quite as good or big as Connie and teds but a nice amount of good pieces too and a tasty set up. Old bay unless declined.

If you want to see part of a game have a beer and a lobster roll about $30 and a good time.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Lunch box fun I never had. But ring dings weren’t awful !