Spice, change is gonna come

I just popped over to B&B to order and didn’t see it. Should I be looking somewhere else? Have you tried it yet?

ETA: per their FB, this launches October 4.

Yes, check pack Sunday. I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve been following the process.

1 Like

Relaunched in tribute.

1 Like

Now the fun begins.

7 Likes

OOOOOH. Gotta do that.

1 Like
1 Like

Nice! I’m curious about the Kashmiri masala blend (given his Goan heritage).

1 Like

I used the golan in the potato puffs I posted about earlier today but next time I will def use a larger amt. I was concerned about over doing it and wound up not using enough. The aroma is really wonderful. The kashmiri is the most complex of the three. Haven’t used it yet but the fragrance is really special.

1 Like

Burlap & Barrel added two dried powders to their line up recently.

Dried tomato powder-used dry or reconstituted its a handy hit when you just need a tomato hit in the recipe.

Dried Bay Leaf powder-a huge difference from the tired, dry leaves ina jar/packet. Full flavor and so convenient. No more fishing out the wet leaves.

I add both to meatloaf and its delicious.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That dried powder is really a good idea! Is the laurel bay leaf the same one as the whole bay leaves in a jar? Or are there different types?

The bay leaves are picked fresh then dried in Turkey, shipped and then pulverized into a powder in the states. So far, 1/4 tsp has been more than enough flavor vs.say 3 dried out leaves. The fragrance is incredible.

2 Likes

There aren’t enough descriptors in the OED to praise these Burlap and Barrel Spices. So pleased with 1st order, made a second one shortly after! Mind duly blown! H has been warned as to their strength; to smell them even, is to experience them. Also, the dish towels are very good and wash up well. And I’m picky about kitchen towels. A big thank you to @Rooster for posting about them.

7 Likes

Go big or go home! That’s a healthy haul. Enjoy the heck out of those spices! Awesome!

I just recd the Amazon vanilla Friday. I 'm infusing the contents of the kit in all sorts if things.

The kitchen towels are great; keep that code handy. I hear they have new products coming this year.

1 Like

Yes, thanks again! Can’t wait to get the Vietnamese Cinnamon, but I didn’t need the big size - will wait for the smaller size to come in stock.

For the last decade or so, I’ve been on a quest to find the perfect kitchen towel…it hasn’t gone well :scream_cat: If they don’t make the cut, they become floor towels, and live under the sink. Let’s say H has a lot of pretty good garage rags now too lol. :joy_cat: So these B&B towels come about as perfect as I’ve found. Reasonable in $ also.

Yes, keeping the code handy, did in fact use it on 1st order!

3 Likes

Ordered from Spicewalla for the first time. A tin of dried dill and it’s very fresh and aromatic. Very pleased and their pricing is excellent. Perk: reusable tins.

2 Likes

Yay!

I remember chancing upon their warehouse in Asheville just before they officially launched…

Agree on pricing. And they have some thoughtful collections and collaborations.

(They now refill their tins, which is great.)

2 Likes

Choice is a bad thing, if it takes away someone else’s opportunity to choose. Or in other words, choice has to take more into account than it usually does.

On this point you confuse me. No need to explain further.

Received one of the new vanilla offerings to make some extract and infuse a bunch of pantry items. We’ll see…

3 Likes