Spice, change is gonna come

Used their cinnamon and allspice.

6 Likes

@MsBean You’re going to want to know about this thread… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh Shit. I’m in trouble.

2 Likes

My pleasure!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

One could say you’re dealing in products to get people addicted, @CurlzNJ.

One COULD say that, but one won’t. :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

I’ll say it - @CurlzNJ is an enabler. And I love her for it.

1 Like

https://www.madagascarspices.com/index.html

Interesting piece on CBS Sunday Morning about this company.

3 Likes

Yes!! Incredible to see how many steps there are to get vanilla to us!

In spite of all the storm hoopla, this arrived today. I have never seen dried wild ramps sold before. Eggs and compound butter!

5 Likes

$260. US a kilo for their vanilla beans.

1 Like

That seems like in keeping in line with the price of vanilla these days (works out to about $118/pound). I don’t think folks have much call for a full kilo of vanilla beans though–do they sell smaller quantities? I suspect your average home cook would need about 4 or 5 individual beans at a time.

1 Like

The email exchange I had with the manager listed a kilo as the minimum order. A seller for them in the UK sells smaller weights but doesn’t ship to the US. I have bought as much as 60 beans at once from a CA seller and they lasted us roughly 5 years; still fresh the whole time kept in a bit of Everclear.

I will likely place an order with my siblings to split.

1 Like

Here’s an article about how coronavirus has affected shipping & logistics for companies like Burlap and Barrel:
https://heated.medium.com/all-your-favorite-foods-are-stuck-in-transit-8b2ffc3f14de

1 Like

Such a fascinating read, thanks so much for linking that @nonaggie!

B&B started sharing greater details on spice delays but I have yet to experience anything longer than a week turnaround on my orders. Both owners are avail to customers via txt, email or FB all the time. They continue to expand their curated products.
These guys are rockstars.

Excellent article share!

1 Like

The turmeric, paprikas, cinnamons and bay leaves are stellar. The hibiscus tremendous. But honestly I have yet to be disappointed in any order. I’ve made at least a dozen separate orders.

1 Like

B&B was working with the late Floyd Cardoz on a few spice blends that should be released soon.

3 Likes

Yes that was just announced along with a unique vanilla bean harvest. Great things to come.

2 Likes

These arrived today along with two jars of cinnamon. I buy the refills for the oregano grinder from the first purchase, keep refilling a mason jar with the cinnamon and reuse the containers for sharing spices and planting seeds.

3 Likes

2 Likes