Specialty delivery and pick-up [Greater Boston area]

They generally offer hit-you-over-the-head high octane type beers (which we like). I’m not @bear but we like Cloud Candy, Dear Bubba, and Cosmic Distortion, which are pretty much their flagship beers. They always some fun, not always successful, limited run beers cycling through. For example, I surprised myself by liking their Mango Smoothy (or whatever it was called) last summer. The taproom is a fun festive space if it ever re-opens.

2 Likes

Hoppiness? I’m a fan of floral hops (the citra used in Hill Farmstead Conduct of Life comes to mind) but not a big fan of beers over-hopped to the point of astringency. Unfortunately that seems to be a current microbrew trend.

2 Likes

They are hoppy but not astringent to our tastebuds. Dang, if the taproom was open, I’d suggest a field trip to try a 2 oz pour or flight.

1 Like

And one nice thing about buying hyper local beer is that the beer that B and spring onion picked up late last week was canned that very day and we’re enjoying it today. Well, perhaps not spring onion. image image

5 Likes

Oh, we’ll have to check the date on our Dear Bubba and other goodies. Talk about fresh!

1 Like

Don’t think this has been posted here yet, but M.F.Dulock in now offering delivery. There are some kinks in the system (some of which they note on their website), most notably one where meat club subscribers appear as their own menu items: “John P”, “Steve” (names altered to protect the meaty). It makes it easy to order, if you are in that group, but it does seem an unusual system.

4 Likes

I happened to see this in my FB feed today, from the Strip-T’s account:

Hope all our former friends and customers are staying healthy, miss everyone!
My sons Tim and Zack are gathering speciality groceries from local farms and restaurant
purveyors and providing contactless deliveries.

If you are interested in being included in their weekly email product list or just interested
in finding out more you can contact them at Fishyfishfishfish84@gmail.com and provide your
preferred email. The products are top notch and eclectic to say the least.

On another note, although I got out of the restaurant business I feel so much compassion for all
independent operators, please support your local independent restaurants every chance you get.

9 Likes

To be filed under “food people not being the best technocrats” (a discussion we’ve had here and there before):

The address to which you send inquiries, place orders, etc., is as @Ruprecht says fishyfishfishfish84@gmail.com. However, Tim Maslow has cleverly also set up a mailing list called fishyfishfishfish84@googlegroups.com that he uses to send customers a list of what’s available. The similarity of the two addresses is causing no end of confusion. People are ordering things from the group, not from Tim directly, others are complaining that they do not want to get these orders…

Here’s what the offerings this week were:
Swordfish - $19lb
Yellowfin Tuna #1 - $22.50 lb
Dayboat Sea Scallops - $20lb
Salmon -Wester Ross (all natural Scottish salmon) - $16lb. (I can also get Faroe Island for $17lb)
Icelandic Cod - $14lb
Icelandic Haddock - $14lb
American Red Snapper - $21lb
Dayboat Nova Scotia Halibut - $20lb
Prince Edward Island Mussels - $5lb
Littleneck Clams, Minimum 25pc order - $0.70each
Soft-Shelled Clams from Ipswich - $6lb
Fresh shrimp, Florida delivered fresh daily (shell on, no head) - $15.50lb
Live lobsters 1.25lb each - $12lb
Jumbo Softshell crabs - $7 each.
Ducktrap smoked salmon - sliced 8oz - $16
Fresh Maine Jonah Crab Meat 1/2lb - $20
Oysters - $1.50 each, New England Region

Additional Items:
-Mixed mushroom bag - $25 (approx 1.25lb)
-Shaw’s Farm all natural whole milk ( Dracut, Ma ) - $5 Half gallon
-Salad Dressings 16oz, Strip t’s caesar or sesame miso roasted garlic - $10
-8oz roasted garlic (add to your favorite veggie stir fry or smear directly on food) - $11
-Tim’s Sesame Semolina Sourdough loaf 2lb each - $12 (great with roasted garlic!)

Featherbrook Farms ( Raynham, MA )
-Whole chicken $28/avg 5 lb
-Eggs $6/dozen
-Dry aged Ground Beef. 1.5 lbs - $15

Old Man Cookie Factory ( Watertown, MA )
-Brown Butter Cookies - $10
-Choco & Toasted soybean powder (tastes like peanut butter) - $11
-Millionaires bar (Shortbread, Carmel, Chocolate ganache) - $10

Bumpa Bakes ( Canton, MA )
Bagels (4each)
Aged gouda & jalapeño, scallion cream cheese - $12
Plain and plain cream cheese - $10
Foccacia 9x13 size, local asparagus, feta, & za’tar - $20

• SPECIAL OCCASION CAKES OFFERED BY BUMPA’S, PLEASE INQUIRE

CSA TYPE BOX- $65. sourced from local farms.

Example of what it will include due to local farm availability.

• Lettuce, Carrots, Radishes, Kale, Spinach, Spanish onions, Spring garlic, Sweet Basil, Asparagus, Baby turnips, Sweet potatoes & Old Man Cookies.

I need your order by Tuesday evening
Please send a NEW EMAIL to fishyfishfishfish84@gmail.com rather than responding to this, SUBJECT: "ORDER"
Provide your Delivery address, Cell number and any pertinent drop-off instructions. I will accrue all items throughout the week ending with a fresh fish pickup Friday morning. I will pack food and deliver Friday Evening (Approx 3-6pm). If you do not plan to be available to answer your door for delivery-please place a cooler outside.

-Payments to be made with Venmo or Zelle only, thank you for helping keep it contactless for all.

4 Likes

My order from The Spice House arrived this past Saturday, almost a month after I placed it. I didn’t go with my usual Penzey’s because they had paused doing online orders at that time. Plus, I wanted chiles such as Urfa and some other stuff that Penzey’s doesn’t carry.

My first impression is that The Spice House products are exceedingly fresh. So far I have tried only the Everything Bagel and Aleppo pepper. The Aleppo has a bigger flavor—both hotter and more fruity—than I recall the Penzey’s version having.

Feast your eyes on this jar. Though I don’t care much about the packaging, this is a standout. Beautiful printing on the label. Copper-colored lid. Later, I could order flatpack bags to refill and reuse the jar.

5 Likes

I’ve a crick in my neck, so long did I feast my eyes.

(Are sideways pictures the new normal?)

1 Like

I hope not. The last two pics I posted were taken with a normal orientation and flipped on their side after I uploaded them. I’ll try an editing experiment with the original while I still can and see if the annoying glitch persists.

Sorry about the crick I induced. :disappointed:

1 Like

Blargh. I flipped the original photo on its side as a workaround. That didn’t work. My photo still uploads sideways regardless of the original’s orientation.

1 Like

Photo viewing software often tries to be “smart” and orients pictures to be upright even when they are sideways. If they upload sideways, try and use the “rotate image” option on your image software, then reload. You need to rotate the image, not your view of it.

1 Like

Like so:

aleppo

1 Like

Perfect! So what I thought I was doing with the orientation of the photo, I was not doing. Looks like I need to spend a little time mastering this.

Thank you for showing me that I need not concede to the whims of the software.

1 Like

Ha, we were born in '55 and married in '76!

That’s amazing. We were the only people our age we knew who married in 1977, though friends of ours did in December.

1 Like

And today is our 44th! Wow, were we babies. We did okay!

8 Likes

How wonderful! Wishing you and your husband many more years of happy, @bear.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes