Southwest Florida: Mainly Marco Island and Naples

The efforts to get things going in the Palm Coast and a recent comment about the dearth of information about Key West have inspired me to ass this compendium of places in SW Florida, to add to the general FL information and maybe broader our geographic coverage. We’ve been going to FL a couple of times a year for a while now, usually to either northern Palm Beach County or Marco Island. We love both but, after spending a lot of time in both coasts, we prefer the west coast and Marco Island in particular for (1)sunsets (2) firm beach for walking (3) fresher/better seafood and (4) traffic/time in the car. So here you go – https://johntannersbbqblog.wordpress.com/2021/11/18/where-to-eat-in-southwest-florida-marco-island-naples-and-the-everglades/

1 Like

I have a number of additions to my Marco Island recommendations. New places we tried and enjoyed include Cocomo’s, with very good fish and a uniformly atmosphere. Some customers went table to table with a big tray of fried alligator that they were haring. Cocomi’s is a “you hook it, we cook it” place – they’ll cook your catch for a modest charge. Someone had shot an alligator and the kitchen was up to the challenge.
Stilts, the poolside grill at the Marriott Crystal Shores was excellent – the best food at a poolside grill I’ve ever had. Order the grouper tacos And the view is very nice .
Mango’s Dockside Bistro is another place over the water with very good fish and a fine seafood chowder.
Two new-to-us more elegant places were Arturo’s and the Boulevard. Neither is on the water but both have strong kitchens and very good service.
Avoid CJ’s on the Bay and Doreen’s Cup of Joe.
A couple of places we revisited that showed once again how great they are were Davide’s and Stan’s Idle Hour. They’re very, very different, but both are sensational

1 Like