Soul Tasty (Stamford (CT) - Great Food From the Soul

Fairfield County offers some of the best food in the country, from trucks to fine dining, and when a restaurant serves food from the soul, it is special, it is uplifting, it makes you overjoyed.
Soul Tasty is the brain-child and dream of Chef Jean Gabriel, Jr. When you walk in, you can feel the love. The walls are brightly painted, a little graffiti on the rear counter pronouncing FEED YOUR SOUL and a colorful menu above the hot trays holding the products of the chef’s homage to the Southern recipes of his grandmother.

I thoroughly enjoyed three dishes that are definitely in the “Must Order” category. My favorite was the Shrimp and Grits. A bowl of delicious grits was topped with well-seasoned shrimp, with a little sauce drizzled on top. The shrimp were firm, with a little spice and a lot of flavor. The grits were perfectly cooked, balanced between creamy and a little crunch. The Smothered Pork Chop was also outstanding. The chop sat atop an enormous mound of some of the best Dirty Rice I have tasted in a long time. The third was the Fried Chicken Wings I commend Tasty Soul for serving the whole wing, all three sections.

The pulled turkey BBQ sandwich was North Carolinian style, and consisted of a large mound of smoked turkey, lathered in a spicy vinegar sauce and served on two slices of white bread. I thought the meat was a little dry, but the sauce added all the moisture required to elevate this to a very good sandwich. We tried several hearty sides and I was surprised that my favorite was the collard greens; The black-eyed peas were also excellent.

In case you haven’t noticed I really loved Soul Tasty.

See the full review and more photos at…

1 Like