Sono Sushi [Arlington MA]

Another shout-out for a neighborhood place that we infrequently visit, Sono Sushi. Nothing earth-shattering but an easy and fun dinner out. Tonight early (Friday) we easily got a table in view of NCAA basketball. Spring Onion enjoyed steamed pork gyoza and tolerated plain lo mein and miso soup (what the hell kid? I grew up on this!). We got a variety of maki and some beer and big wine pours. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented, which I appreciate after getting take out sushi/maki for 2 years. And no plastic containers. Home now in real-time and almost ready to lay our collective heads in bed. Which is the next-to-best thing about a neighborhood joint.

9 Likes

Amen, sister!

2 Likes

I think I got the lunch tonkatsu the one time I went here last year, will have to get back for the sushi.

Any thoughts on how it stacks up against Toraya? That’s one of my favorite little places in Arlington, and favorite budget-priced sushi places in general. I was hugely relieved to see it had found a new home up the street after thinking it had closed forever. Toraya is high on my list of places to revisit when I get back up that way in a week or two.

2 Likes

Toraya v2 is still on my to-do list. I will report back when that box gets checked off.

2 Likes