Someone Stepped on my Croissant!

The above image is of a flattened croissant form Toi Moi bakery, and I hope they used some other method aside from stepping on it.

As a novelty item, this is one heckuva success. It has all the crispiness you could want plus an edge is dipped in a coating with pistachios. There are other flavors as well.

As good as it is, it’s almost a shame because their other croissants, mostly cream filled, are top of the line. Completely sensational. I also got a chocolate croissant and a cruffin (croissant/muffin), both filled with cream.

They sell at the farmers markets at Mosaic and I think Westover and Arlington and I am sure a few others. I got these at their workshop/retail space in Chantilly, so I didn’t have to wait for a weekend.

2 Likes

No takers for a croissant filled with butter (and adzuki paste)?

Anyway, pistachios work … maybe one day a katmer croissant will become a trend.

1 Like

Oh I’d def smash that! :yum:

Did you wait on line? We had a red bean pastry or some such when we first tried them. It was fine, nothing super special. Next time we went to the market, the line was around the corner. And every time since! So haven’t tried anything else. Btw, smashing croissants is not new. Almond croissants are often smashed, even in France.

No way someone actually stepped on your croissant! That Toi Moi bakery definitely has an interesting take on the classic pastry. Flattening it out like that gives it a totally different texture - almost like a buttery, crispy cookie.

I went to their Chantilly workshop located in a business park on a Thursday. No line.

1 Like