Somebody Feed Phil 7th Season Netflix

I hated it at first, but then the shtick grew on me. I kinda started to appreciate his dorky, child-like, effusive manner & the joy his food adventures elicit. I’m also apparently one of very few here who actually enjoyed the jokes for his dad & mom. I thought it was rather sweet.

But now I’m tired of it again :grin:

I just watched the first of the season, while captive on a treadmill. I watch it every season, and still feel connected to mom and dad, but each year have less patience with the non-verbal stuff.

I will still watch, and love to see and hear about the places he visits, but I find I have a growing appreciation for those who can use their words.

Agreed, it’s a food show, I often fast forward through the “cultural” sections. Not out of dislike as much as they just don’t belong and typically feel choppy, overstaged and sometimes even an afterthought.

3 Likes

Sounds terrific; wish there were something similar in SF Bay Area (used to love Bette’s Ocean View Diner in Berkeley)

2 Likes

In the Washington DC episode, Phil eats at Rasika and orders the black cod entree. On the menu, this is described as Black Cod - Fresh dill / honey / cheddar / star anise / dill potatoes. Has anyone had this that can comment on what the finished dish is like? With the cheddar listed among the ingredients, it makes me think of the malai kebabs that have cheddar in the marinade.

Oh! I think I just found the recipe:

2 Likes

There’s a Rasika cookbook fyi

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks!

Definitely the feeling I get. Really. it’s all about looking at food and even then remembering that many of these choices are made in ways not remotely directed by food (the Johnny Walker on Princes Street Edinburgh in the Scotland episode was a joke-- there are so many distilleries and whisky places to visit).

However good the food turns out to be, it will never have a great jukebox as Bette’s had.

1 Like