"Soft food" - following dental treatment

I hope so also and sorry if I sounded critical. Does your wonderful insurance pay for that? Bob’s cost $5000!!! and it was a year long process. I had braces for my whole mouth for that $$$.

If you mean our National Health Service then unfortunately no it doesnt. It’s outside the scope of the system. But, because the NHS is so good, few of us have private insurance as well (usually folk in work in higher management jobs where it comes as a job benefit). So, the treatment costs come out of my pocket - about £6000 for the three implants. I see the surgeon again in about 4 months and he then fits the top to the implant (more soreness apparently) and then my normal dentist fits the crowns about two weeks after that.

Yikes.
Savory yogurt bowls and savory oats are easy and potentially delicious.
I like plain greek yogurt with what sounds good at the moment- something like shredded cucumber, some lemon juice, a drizzle of good olive oil, flakey salt, some chopped dill…
Tofu will be nice to have on hand, just cubed for a quick saute with some soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, or crumble and scramble (i like it with a bit of dijon mustard)
Do you get good avocados? Oh, and your country’s ever popular mushy peas should work :wink:
I think condiments and various spices and fresh herbs will help considerably so that basics like polenta and orao pasta and such stay interesting - i would definitely stock up on interesting oils, tapenades, pesto, jams…