Sofia’s Taqueria

On route 9 in old bridge? Drive past it the other day and also there’s a big billboard advertising it…. Anyone know anything about it?

Tried to go last night. Over an hour wait. Couldn’t wait so left. Hmmm. Need to try it methinks?

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I’m just gonna tell you that this restaurant is really close to the best restaurant experience I’ve had in a long time
From the funky exterior to the kitschy inside and the music is playing at a very good level you’re only hoping for the food to be good
Well my friends let me tell you that from the complimentary chips and salsa and the special guacamole and the Mexican corn dip it was delicious
We ordered a pitcher of Mojitos traditional flavor but they have many different flavors on the rocks or frozen really good mojitos
She had blackened shrimp tacos and I had a Carnitas tacos both excellent
We immediately made plans with friends to meet here go Cinco de Mayo
I’m sure we will be back before that though
BTW it was Taco Tuesday so you can have a free appetizer if you’re going to eat tacos
We had the Mexican Corn it was delicious

Add images here

Add images here

4 Likes

Where is it?!?

Route 9 in Old Bridge

1 Like

It used to be the Bridgeway Diner, just south of where Route 9 crosses Route 516, and the devil to get to if you’re coming from Matawan.

2 Likes

In my opinion so worth it . My suggestion is go “ off hours” to avoid traffic congestion on route 9
Pretty good parking lot too.

It’s not the traffic congestion; it’s having to cut across the lane of traffic merging from Route 516 East into Route 9 South when you are approaching from the merge lane of Route 516 West. I think there is a Yield sign for the 516E traffic, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

1 Like

Yes it’s a dangerous merge

Thank you for the clarification of location. Being that I work in that immediate area, I’ve noticed the brightly colored rehabilitation of the old diner. The parking lot has been looking very full each time I pass, the bright colors always catch my attention.

See thanks to the Onion, I’m now going to try this place since I know exactly where you guys are talking about.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your reaction

1 Like