Slack, Discord, Telegram notification of new discussions or new replies?

We are going to implement new discussion/ post notification in chat clients such as Slack. The question is how many of these we should consider implementing. Slack for sure, since its very popular, and we already built the support for it a while ago just not announced. But what’s the appetite for Discord or Telegram?

It looks like this in Slack:

Its useful for those who use Slack regularly and want to get notified by new activities on specific boards on the site.

1 Like

I don’t use it very often but Reddit uses Discord as chat client of choice. Does that matter?

I use some of the mentioned apps. Do you mean I can reply by the app as well?

Actually, I disable all the email notification, I prefer to come here.

1 Like

How does Reddit use Discord? only the chat function, or can i access the entire Reddit site from Discord?

I personally use Discord as well so I don’t mind adding that support.

Just notification. No replies. I believe you can post a Slack chat transcript as a new discussion to HO, but I don’t know how useful that is.

I put my notification on Slack, and it definitely helps me pay attention to the site more by telling me when there are stuff of interest on the site. The forum software also supports other forms of notification, but for people who use Slack often this notification is helpful if you aren’t looking at the site frequently.

I use telegram and slack as well, how about WhatsApp?

No, only these clients are supported:

1 Like

I’m active in a number of Reddit subs that link to Discord specifically for chat. There may be other connections I’m not aware of. I’m not active in chat on Reddit some I’m not a good source. I’m just flagging that there is use. I can’t even speak to how much use there may be.

As a late friend of mine once said, “I know all those words, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Just let me continue to be able to access the site, as it is now, on my tablet and laptop.

1 Like