Singer Island - West Palm Area HELP !!!!

Putting this here because the FL board is um…lacking…and at least I have all of my FL/WPB-area recs in one place for my fellow NJ HOs!
I’m down here (yes, in July) visiting my dad and we had lunch today that was DELICIOUS, so I wanted to document it… went to Lemongrass Asian Bistro, which has a few locations between WPB/Boca.
Dad and I always go for duck, and today we ordered the exact same lunch special: duck in red curry. This is a common dish but when I tell you neither of us left a drop of it in the bowl, you’ll have to believe me. The steamed veggie dumplings were terrific (w bright baby peas inside!) and for $57, three of us ate well. I hear that the fish/veggies were good too, but I had my face in the bowl of curry. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My son took a job in WPB. Will have to remember to review this thread before I visit.

1 Like

Perhaps this entire thread could be bumped over to the Florida board. Having it on the NJ board is kind of … suboptimal. Is that possible?

Thanks much for the lemongrass report. We’ll be in Delray briefly around the turn of the year and I’m eager to find better places there. We’ve got lots of good places farther north, but not around Delray.

1 Like

Ah, I see there still is no Florida board. Could it be bumped to the Rest of the World board?

I think I’ll add a link to this thread on one of the Florida boards. For now, there are plenty of NJ folks looking for info from people they know!

2 Likes

Ah, but think of the rest of the world, deprived of that expertise!

Now linked to the PB County thread - the last post on there was by you! In Aug 2020. No wonder there’s no FLA board! Just not a ton of activity in terms of posting.

1 Like

Adding to the list: Pho 1 at 2800 N Military Trail #117 i WPB… YUM!!

2 Likes

Just came back to this thread so I could offer recs to a friend, and realized I didn’t include one of our go-to spots: The Butcher Shop, which is in downtown WPB. Loud, casual, some outdoor seating, and the last time I was there, live music on the patio. Great spot!

1 Like

I escaped NJ just in time yesterday, and since we tried a new spot that was excellent, I’m adding it to this thread - Kao Gang Thai Sushi & Noodle. The place was hopping at 6pm, which I originally attributed to FL/early birds, but the constant line of people waiting until we left made me realize that going a tad early is the only way to get a table without a 30-min wait on a Friday night!

Food was excellent - we had the Thai dumplings (which I dubbed Thai Shumai), my dad had the Super Noodle Bowl w duck and it was GINORMOUS; literally serving bowl sized. I had the Duck Pad Cha (med spice which was spicy but I looooved it), and Dad’s aide had the crab cakes, which she loved. DEF recommend this spot! Leftovers for lunch for the duck lovers today… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And of course Dad wants to know if I’ve told you all about Alaina’s, which is another favorite spot of ours. Looks like I hadn’t, so there you go!

2 Likes

Thanks! great to know. We’ll be down there in March, although we’ll have 4 and 6 years olds this time. I’ll have to check and see if they have chicken nuggets. Alaina’s looks like a better bet

The Butcher Block (one of our favorites) has closed…

Always people with kids at Alaina’s! Maybe it’s the promise of a cookie/cupcake after the meal… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whoops! Wrong thread!

1 Like