[Singapore] Trip Report - Part 3

Third and final stop - Singapore!

Started with breakfast at West Coast Hawker Center, nearby my cousin’s house. Couldn’t decide between my favorite breakfast, wantan mee, or the chee chong fun, so I had both!

Strolled around VivoCity and decided to have lunch. Love that they have the old school items. Found tutu cakes, which I adored as a kid, and haven’t had in years! Shared a plate of black carrot cake and popiah. Both were very good. Finished with an ais kachang, which was just how I like it.

Dinner at a local Hong Kong style cafe. I had something called Macau Pork Chop Noodle. It was delicious - fried pork chop with an egg and crab gravy over egg noodles. Huge portion - ended up sharing with my niece.

Shopping on Serangoon Road. Stopped for lunch at Sakuntalas, near Mustafa Center. Went with the Vegetarian banana leaf. Delicious!

Took my nieces and nephew to Starbucks for a treat. They had Ovaltine cake! Had to try it. It was actually very good - wish our Starbucks served it too!

Takeaway breakfast at home - mee siam and mee rebus.

Late night supper - mee goreng

Had a few great meals at home, and then it was time to head back to LA. Until next time, Singapore!

8 Likes

Funny, I’m finishing up a large Shin ramen noodle cup for breakfast as I read this…and once I saw your noodle breakfast, I find myself hungry again. Whenever we’re in Asia, I ALWAYS opt for an Asian breakfast. Enjoyed all 3 parts of your trip report - 3 of our favorite places in the world (well, we haven’t spent much time in KL but we loved Penang).

1 Like

I could eat noodles every day. I did have kaya toast and eggs for a couple breakfasts, but everyone knows I want to eat out when I visit, so they indulge me. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes