We have been fans of Ting Heng’s steamboat ever since they operated on a sidewalk along Tiong Bahru Road a quarter of a century ago. Back then, the only light we have on our dinghy dining tables came from the street lights. On one occasion, we got a table near a lamp-post with no light - so we were practically dining in the dark!
These days, Ting Heng has a nice air-conditioned main dining room, besides a large al fresco dining area at the corner of Tiong Poh Road and Eng Hoon Street. After all these years, its steamboat is still our family favourite!
- Selection of pork balls, Teochew-style fish balls and fish forcemeat:
- Fried tofu-skin rolls & “tung oh” vegetables:
- Fresh pomfret fillets - and I do mean very fresh!
- One of Ting Heng’s house specialties: Tofu with chicken & saltfish in a claypot - do NOT miss this dish!
- Our family favourite noodle dish at Ting Heng: Fried hor fun with fish.
Address: Ting Heng Seafood Restaurant, 82 Tiong Poh Rd, Tiong Bahru, Singapore 160082. Only open for dinner.