[Singapore/ Malaysia] Trip Planning

@paprikaboy Oh yes, that’s the Hokkien/Fujianese version. Klang is a predominantly Hokkien town and is also perhaps the “bak kut teh” capital of Malaysia.

Adam Liaw, the winner of Masterchef Australia (Season 2) is truly a gifted chef.

1 Like

@paprikaboy @klyeoh

Thanks for the recipe and explaination!! I’ve checked Liaw’s website, a lot of interesting recipes!

I think in one of @paprikaboy’s thread somewhere in HO, you’ve mentioned dry bak kut teh, what is it?

I had the dry version at a bak kut teh place in Kuching. This is the original post. It was the only place in Malaysia I saw it. Obviously no teh as there’s no soup. It did though have the elements, flavour and colour of bak kut teh. Darker than the soup version as you can see

2 Likes

I was told by my KL colleagues that the “dry” bak kut teh was invented in Klang. Must be quite a while back already as my first encounter with it, in KL, was back in 2011:

1 Like

Thanks!!

Youtiao and yam rice to eat with the dish, heaven! Need to find some tofu puffs and mushrooms and also some pig offals. I saw the dish is always presented in a clay pot. Is it a tradition to cook in one, does it mean it’s cooked with charcoal?

1 Like